Keir Starmer

Wait let me get this right, the next prime minister of this country when saying something that makes everyone in the room laugh at him needs a quiet word in his ear.
He can't work it out for himself? He really lacks any kind of self awareness,? He can't read a room and has never thought I wonder if I'm repeating myself a bit too much here.
For once, you’ve got a point.

After the first debate there was something on where they were tracking the audience response to the debate. One of those things where people press if they like something, and if they don't, and the toolmaker story was about the most positive thing on the night.

Harry Cole was on, and he was laughing, but saying that for a lot of people it was actually the first time they've heard it. It's one of those things that the 10% of the population who are actively into politics hear 100 times, and the other 90% are oblivious.

Starmer obviously needs to be programmed to laugh when other people do.

This is true. I saw a poll recently (though it may be a few weeks out of date now) where only 11% of the respondents knew what Starmer’s dad did for a living.

This is exactly the kind of thing the Tories do all the time. Repeat things ad nauseum even if they make you look stupid, because most of the population still haven’t heard it. People laughed at Johnson’s oven ready deal, which he repeated literally hundreds of times. It’s because the vast majority of people are simply not engaged with politics. And if you do a poll on election day I can guarantee you most people still won’t know what Starmer’s dad does for a living.

What Labour do know is that it’s a sound bite that does well with people who haven’t heard it before, and they’re the people that they’re trying to reach, not the ones who have heard it 100 times already.

The 10% who are laughing literally don’t matter because they are politically engaged and so in the vast majority of cases have already made their mind up.

Agreed. He should have thought faster on his feet but the fact that’s the biggest criticism suggests there was not much to pull him up on when he was answering proper questions. Don’t think fluffing an ad lib will lose him many votes. Not as many as trying to convince people that migration and waiting lists are going down when the statistics say they are going up.

Duh…they’re down since last week. Do try and pay attention… what’s the saying there are 3 lies, lies, damned lies, and statistics

After the first debate there was something on where they were tracking the audience response to the debate. One of those things where people press if they like something, and if they don't, and the toolmaker story was about the most positive thing on the night.

Harry Cole was on, and he was laughing, but saying that for a lot of people it was actually the first time they've heard it. It's one of those things that the 10% of the population who are actively into politics hear 100 times, and the other 90% are oblivious.

Starmer obviously needs to be programmed to laugh when other people do.

Yeah sorry he doesn't programming he just needs to stop saying, same could be said of Sunak with his my mum was.........

But he's a gonna so who gives a fuck:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.