Keir Starmer

I’ve felt for a while that he’s going to be a lot more radical than he let on once he’s in office - and I so hope I’m correct on that, notwithstanding my severe misgivings about the electoral system that delivered his mandate.

I think he’s known that he’s been ahead on points since the Truss debacle and has played the game accordingly. Given how long Labour has been out of office, I don’t think he can be criticised for that, given the outcome.

Notwithstanding the reversal in the Tories’ fortunes since 2019 think it’s safe to assume he’ll get at least a couple of terms which is the minimum anyone would need in these circumstances.

Think taxes will inevitably be going up, but they would under the Tories too. I certainly don’t mind paying more tax if it means we have functioning public services.

I wish him all the best success. He’s definitely got a huge job on his hands.

Spoke very well. Better than Sunack and for that matter certainly better than the clown and senile old fart across the pond.

But as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating. First thing his Government needs to do is grow the economy. Without that all the other big ideas just won't happen.

I’ve felt for a while that he’s going to be a lot more radical than he let on once he’s in office - and I so hope I’m correct on that, notwithstanding my severe misgivings about the electoral system that delivered his mandate.

I think he’s known that he’s been ahead on points since the Truss debacle and has played the game accordingly. Given how long Labour has been out of office, I don’t think he can be criticised for that, given the outcome.

Notwithstanding the reversal in the Tories’ fortunes since 2019 think it’s safe to assume he’ll get at least a couple of terms which is the minimum anyone would need in these circumstances.

Think taxes will inevitably be going up, but they would under the Tories too. I certainly don’t mind paying more tax if it means we have functioning public services.

I wish him all the best success. He’s definitely got a huge job on his hands.
Stitch up your pockets GDM - you are at the top of his 'to do' list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.