Keir Starmer

You could argue that Sunak, for all his faults, was different in that he actually spent his own money on things, rather than taking freebies from people who then rather mysteriously end up receiving security passes for No. 10, despite having no real reason for doing so.

But then according to the usual suspects on here, and ironically Starmer himself, having a successful career and being well paid for it makes people out of touch. Whereas telling people that the country’s fucked and inventing a false narrative so that you can take money off pensioners who were already struggling to pay for their heating, before then gallivanting around the country on a variety of freebies - even having people pay for you and your wife’s clobber and then failing to declare said donations - makes you alright.
Sunak was to spunk £400m of our money on a novelty heli. That doesn’t make him ok in my book

Give your head a wobble. So what, they are offered freebies and accept them, what's embarrassing about that?

Do you think Sunak et all were different?
I have read reports about actors not accepting an Oscar and worthies not accepting an honour, but I've never heard of an MP refusing a freebie. And as far as the latter goes they accept the freebie with one hand and snatch bottles of milk and WFAs with the other, whilst at the same time taking up an appointment at Savile Row for a suit that suits him wonderfully. Oooooh suits you, sir!! And I bet a pound to a peseta that he didn't get those specs at Vision Express or SpecSavers!

Reactions: PPT
Sunak was to spunk £400m of our money on a novelty heli. That doesn’t make him ok in my book
Not comparable thought is it, given that the helicopter contract was a government contract for government use and therefore subject to public scrutiny. Also the deal was £40m, not £400m. Minor detail.

I’m afraid that when a politician is taking personal gifts off people, which by any measure are completely unnecessary by the way, then it naturally poses questions around the quid pro quo is. Particularly if the donors in question receive access to No. 10 for no valid reason, and the gifts in question aren’t even declared in line with procedures.

Reactions: PPT
You could argue that Sunak, for all his faults, was different in that he actually spent his own money on things, rather than taking freebies from people

Not comparable thought is it, given that the helicopter contract was a government contract for government use and therefore subject to public scrutiny. Also the deal was £40m, not £400m. Minor detail.

I’m afraid that when a politician is taking personal gifts off people, which by any measure are completely unnecessary by the way, then it naturally poses questions around the quid pro quo is. Particularly if the donors in question receive access to No. 10 for no valid reason, and the gifts in question aren’t even declared in line with procedures.
He didn’t need to take much with the contracts he gave to Infosys, the VIP covid contracts he dished out and the ‘Covid loans’ he paid to companies who subsequently went bust, some of which his wife was a shareholder in. As she was in several ‘future fund loans’ which were quickly turned into equity, prior to the company being liquidated.
Hopefully we can agree corruption is wrong, whoever is doing it.

Lord Lebedev, what was the quid pro quo with him I wonder ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.