Keir Starmer

Politicians in this country have relatively low moral standards; although probably better than in some countries, not that that's saying much.

We had a chance to elect a principled PM a bit back, but people, for the most part, either hated him or laughed at him, and the media crucified him, including the 'leftie' BBC when it put up a background with him wearing a Russian hat in from of the Kremlin. Very unbiased.

For what it's worth, I think Corbyn would have been only marginally less disastrous than Johnson or Truss. He would probably not have been an effective leader. But he certainly had principles and I doubt very much that in office he would have taken bungs from every Tom, Dick and Harriet.

When it comes down to it, people prefer bent twats to people of principle because principles are uncomfortable to live with. That's why they crucified Jesus. (And no, I am not comparing Corbyn to Jesus before anyone misdirects themselves.)

Politicians in this country have relatively low moral standards; although probably better than in some countries, not that that's saying much.

We had a chance to elect a principled PM a bit back, but people, for the most part, either hated him or laughed at him, and the media crucified him, including the 'leftie' BBC when it put up a background with him wearing a Russian hat in from of the Kremlin. Very unbiased.

For what it's worth, I think Corbyn would have been only marginally less disastrous than Johnson or Truss. He would probably not have been an effective leader. But he certainly had principles and I doubt very much that in office he would have taken bungs from every Tom, Dick and Harriet.

When it comes down to it, people prefer bent twats to people of principle because principles are uncomfortable to live with. That's why they crucified Jesus. (And no, I am not comparing Corbyn to Jesus before anyone misdirects themselves.)
Corbyn the IRA sympathiser, busy calling Hamas and Hezbollah his friends.

What a principled chap he is.

I think they have certain principles but they get mired in the shit show that is Westminster.

I agree Corbyn was principled (and that cost him) but when it would come to getting policy done he’d still struggle.

Agree about them not bringing him down directly. But they will just keep adding fuel to the fire that he's dishonest, which clearly he is. I don't know what will get him in the end. Lying to parliament perhaps, or something from left field.
That didn’t bring down Johnson, so why would that end Starmer? MPs can’t even call another MP a liar in Parliament. We found that out under the last government.

Who was the last “honest” prime minister, in your opinion?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.