Keir Starmer

If you're not going to hold the party you support to the same standards as you demand of the party you don't were never going to get the politicians we deserve and need.

Now I wouldn't care one bit if Starmer is gay or anything like that. I'm a bit uneasy about the freebies, particularly with the cut to the WFA. But don't think I've heard anything yet that is against the rules or illegal. Maybe we need to have a public debate what the rules are though.

If there is some scandal though, or rules have been broken or something illegal has happened its not good enough to just ignore it and blame it all on the previous government. We should be holding all of them to a much higher standard than we currently are.

It seems at the moment that Labour's biggest enemy is, in fact, Labour. The Conservatives seem to have dropped off the radar altogether.
Apart from briefly thinking he was OK at the start of the COVID campaign, I've never been a fan of Rishi Sunak.

But I have to say, I think his complete disappearance since losing the election I think is shameful. He's nowhere to be seen, in the media, in the House of Commons, nowhere. He is still the leader of the opposition isn't he? (I think)

Why are we seeing Farage and Tice and Hunt and god knows who else grilling Labour ministers in parliament and Sunak is nowhere to be seen. True colours being shown I think. If he is not going to do the job, he should give his salary back.

Which just makes all this controversy about freebies all the more stupid. Did Starmer and his advisors think it wouldn't come out?
Agreed. And worse, instead of showing just an atom of contrition, trying to brush it off as if Starmer accepting £32k for his suits is perfectly fine, nothing to see here, oh and sorry about you losing your £300 WFA Mrs poor person.

The sorry part is mine. He hasn't even said sorry.

Reactions: PPT
The knives are out.

To be honest, the majority of the wounds feel self inflicted right now but crucially, he has given his political enemies all the ammunition they need.
Whilst few things would please me more than to see Starmer get it, you do have to wonder how his downfall will actually come about. He doesn't strike me remotely as someone with enough principles to "fall on his sword", in fact quite the opposite. This is a guy who will take the ship down with him rather than suffer any personal sacrifice, IMO.

When Labour want him to go, they are going to have to get rid of him, kicking and screaming I suspect.

Whilst the optics are shocking it makes you wonder where the outrage was just a few years ago .

Oh come on , it’s circulating on Facebook. Apparently quite a few hoping he’s being outed as Gay !!! Can you imagine the scandal!!!
That would be way above meeting a KGB agent without your aides , or appointing the son of said KGB agent into the House of Lords against the wish of the Queen . Could be he’s lied to the King and prorogued Parliament. Bet he’s appointed a totally unqualified child to the House of Lords . Or maybe he couldn’t be arsed going to Cobra meetings about a global epidemic.
Maybe he’s living rent free in a £20 million mansion in London , donated to him by a family under investigation for tax avoidance to the sum of £500 million. Obviously he’s nowhere near as patriotic as some former PM’S .
Lest we forget.

Whilst few things would please me more than to see Starmer get it, you do have to wonder how his downfall will actually come about. He doesn't strike me remotely as someone with enough principles to "fall on his sword", in fact quite the opposite. This is a guy who will take the ship down with him rather than suffer any personal sacrifice, IMO.

When Labour want him to go, they are going to have to get rid of him, kicking and screaming I suspect.
If there is to be a downfall, it will only be self inflicted, or as a result of infighting in the party. I just saw Duffield's letter. Wow. And hasn't there been other dissenting voices? The Conservatives are a shitshow right now; they won't have any influence on any possible downfall.

Good policy? I’ve read some absolute whoppers on here but congratulations you win the internet today.

1m pensioners live on under £269 a week who aren’t eligible for pension credits disagree it’s good policy. They won’t ever get back control of the narrative without cancelling the policy and redoing it at sensible levels.

Ah fuck it I’ll entertain you, where is the evidence of a huge surge in applications from people previously eligible but didn’t claim?

I’ll leave you to it though, not up for a fractious or disingenuous debate about it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.