Keir Starmer

Also leaving billions of tax not collected due to innocent misunderstanding of the rules. But not all innocent of course, some low level and relatively petty fraud, but fraud nonetheless. Like claiming tax relief for business miles you didn't travel, not declaring a bit of cash income on the side etc.

Cash in hand tax avoidance is as much as a problem for the treasury (in terms of lost revenue) as anything.

Fair enough. I enjoyed laughing at you lot of irrelevant losers for 14 years, so i wish you all the best in your brief moment in the sun.

I'm sure voters will be rushing to the polls for Jenrick or Bedenoch to oust Labour, or will Uncle Farage pointing at boats be the one to take the mantle, Starmer must be petrified of the quality of the opposition he's up against.

I'm sure you all remember the story about the mice who thought it would be a great idea if the cat had a bell on its collar. The question then arose, which of them would bell the cat?

In the same way, I am convinced that the entire British political system is corrupt and run primarily for the benefit of malign actors like - to give one example, Rupert Murdoch - rather than for the benefit of ordinary people. (Those on less than about 500k a year.)

Now the question arises, who is going to reform it? Please don't say Nigel Farage as I've got a full bladder and don't want to piss myself laughing.

If such a paragon arose, would the great British public vote him, her or them into power? If they did it would be in the teeth of the entire media and establishment class.

On balance, I think that's about as likely as the Pope turning Jewish. So we are stuck with the 'system' and all we can hope to do is knock off its roughest edges. We need to be careful how we go about it, because any movement that wants even modest reform will be mercilessly manipulated by the malign actors or (more likely) simply crushed.

I'm sure voters will be rushing to the polls for Jenrick or Bedenoch to oust Labour, or will Uncle Farage pointing at boats be the one to take the mantle, Starmer must be petrified of the quality of the opposition he's up against.
Well, according to the Times, the latest poll suggests the majority of the public now rate Sunak higher than Starmer, the Tory government preferred to the current one, and more people think the Tories will win the next election, not Labour.

If the smarmy **** is not worried about that then he genuinely is up his own arse. And when you consider what an abject load of dross followed Cameron, that truly is remarkable. If the Tories appoint anyone half-competent, half-charismatic, Keith is toast. Not that he'll be PM by then, mind you.

You can indeed have opinions on jobs and their associated recompense-as long as you're coming from a position of knowledge on training, shift pattern, working conditions etc etc. I for one have little experience or knowledge of anything outside the aviation industry so can have a view on that area but I would not comment adversely on anything outside my direct experience.

You’re wasted in the politics forum then. It’s full of posts from people without any direct knowledge or experience. Mostly my posts ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.