Keir Starmer

All politicians are hypocrites and liars and to expect otherwise is wholly unrealistic. The Tories lied about taxes not going up after the election if they were elected, and are pontificating about Starmer now despite them being on the take for the last decade. So he’s a hypocrite and so are they.

What doesn’t appear to occur to you or any of those posting about what a shit government we now have after less than three months in power is the wider picture that represents. We had one shit government full of talentless cunts that got about 40% of the popular vote doing what the fuck it wanted for five years being replaced by another that got about a third of the votes, again full of unimpressive people who will do what the fuck they want for the next five years.

So neither fit for purpose.

Rather than direct your obvious ire towards the beneficiary of such a set up, it might be worth stepping back and considering the merits of a political system that allows such a bunch of worthless cunts to run the country off the back off such pitiful levels of electoral support.

All you are witnessing is the enduring decline of a once great nation accentuated by a political system that is anachronistic and ineffectual. That is surely what people should be angry about.

Starmer, as you see him, is the symptom of that decline, not the cause.

Neither beneficiaries are going to change it though mate. Turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.

Then don't be scathing about what a plumber, train driver or other occupation earns. It still remains anonymous if he's for example, an Estate Agent or pilot.

But let's not forget the reason why, plumbers and other tradesmen are now able to command a higher income.
A shortage of plumbers being the nain one, you can have opinions on other jobs, tis allowed.

As long as someone pays their tax, I have no issue with their earnings. And when I say pay their tax, there is simply no way on earth that anyone can morally justify to me that Sunak's rate of tax should be lower than that of a nurse, nor Only Fans be paying more UK tax than Apple and Starbucks combined. In such situations, there is clearly systemic work to do, and it is inexcusable not to do it.

The problem is the tax system is too complicated. Well meaning rules put in place exploited by those who don’t mean well.

All politicians are hypocrites and liars and to expect otherwise is wholly unrealistic. The Tories lied about taxes not going up after the election if they were elected, and are pontificating about Starmer now despite them being on the take for the last decade. So he’s a hypocrite and so are they.

What doesn’t appear to occur to you or any of those posting about what a shit government we now have after less than three months in power is the wider picture that represents. We had one shit government full of talentless cunts that got about 40% of the popular vote doing what the fuck it wanted for five years being replaced by another that got about a third of the votes, again full of unimpressive people who will do what the fuck they want for the next five years.

Rather than direct your obvious ire towards the beneficiary of such a set up, it might be worth stepping back and considering the merits of a political system that allows such a bunch of worthless cunts to run the country off the back off such pitiful levels of electoral support.

All you are witnessing is the enduring decline of a once great nation accentuated by a political system that is anachronistic and ineffectual. That is surely what people should be angry about.

The complimentary issue to that is the state of our political media that prefers to focus on the performative bollocks side to it as well as increasingly conflating fact and opinion rather than holding politicians to account for the things that really matter on behalf of us and society.

Spoken like a true Lib Dem ;-)

A shortage of plumbers being the nain one, you can have opinions on other jobs, tis allowed.
You can indeed have opinions on jobs and their associated recompense-as long as you're coming from a position of knowledge on training, shift pattern, working conditions etc etc. I for one have little experience or knowledge of anything outside the aviation industry so can have a view on that area but I would not comment adversely on anything outside my direct experience.

Quote "Plumbers are grossly overpaid, just saying. But they still don't get to be earning £150k a year with a brilliant pension as they get more senior."

this very line you posted suggests a certain degree of "bitterness and resentment". You are having a go at both private and public workers, and apparently you're not happy with the conditions and pay that either of them get.

I actually don't actually care what you do, but neither do I spout on about how much certain roles attract, be it through salary or pension arrangements. If a train driver gets £65k, so be it and if a plumber get £300 per day, good on them, assuming they aren't cowboys, lol.

We should all want to see poorer people better off, and generally that will only happen through some sort of re-balance and that means those of us who can afford it should pay a bit more.

We all know that salaries paid in the sporting world have become excessive. Much of that is on the back of TV rights and advertising, and also that in the case of City, probably amongst the best players on the planet in those positions. i'll ignore the last sentence as for me, nothing could be further from the truth.
I have zero bitterness and resentment mate about anyone else and what they manage to earn for themselves, and certainly not plumbers, since whilst not in any way "rich," when I worked (I am retired now) I earned more than plumbers.

But that does not mean I cannot have an opinion on what some aspects of Labour are worth. Plumbing is a fairly unskilled job - sufficiently so that I, with no plumbing skills nor training, do my own plumbing, fitting new radiators, outside tap, new kitchen taps etc. And yet compared to other trades e.g. electricians, where the intelligence, skills, training and ongoing familiarity with regs needed, are extraordinarily high, the rates of pay seem comparable, which seems odd to me on face value.

But hey ho, this was a throw away line, but like every line on here, if someone doesn't agree with it, it gets jumped upon. Lucky I didn't mention train drivers (again).

Reactions: PPT
The problem is the tax system is too complicated. Well meaning rules put in place exploited by those who don’t mean well.
Too complicated indeed.
Exploited by those who then stand on platforms and inform the electorate that public services cannot be afforded.
Support offered to political parties who support the status quo, by newspapers and TV channels based in tax havens.
Billionaires announcing that they will leave the UK should their tax situation change (just pay what you owe...that is all.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.