Keir Starmer

From the New Statesman,

At party conference in Liverpool last week Labour activists were, at once, panicked and incredulous, all adamant that Starmer would have to step aside soon.
….
Rishi Sunak’s favourability fell 11 points only 70 days into the job. Boris Johnson, Theresa May, David Cameron and Gordon Brown had fairly stable net ratings over the same period. Starmer’s, meanwhile, have tumbled 18 points.
It's from the new statesman mate. As a source that's the equivalent of me looking in the morning star for an unbiased account of thatchers contribution to the coal industry

Really?

Jason Cowley, the magazine's editor, describes the New Statesman as a publication "of the left, for the left"

I'd agree that the New Statesman would generally be supportive of Starmer. However the quote from the article is misleading.

It's putting the problems Starmer is facing in context - the polling expert at the NS discussing how leaders of large countries are pretty much always unpopular now, and that the effect is getting worse. The quote about activists was given as an example of people's over the top reactions to events, rather than a serious commentary suggesting Starmer is likely to go.

I'd agree that the New Statesman would generally be supportive of Starmer. However the quote from the article is misleading.

It's putting the problems Starmer is facing in context - the polling expert at the NS discussing how leaders of large countries are pretty much always unpopular now, and that the effect is getting worse. The quote about activists was given as an example of people's over the top reactions to events, rather than a serious commentary suggesting Starmer is likely to go.
I think I'd agree with that. Any Prime Minister now Tory/Labour seems to become a figure of fun instantly (it's basically become a political tactic from both sides). How you lead a country effectively when you are constantly undermined I do not know.

I think I'd agree with that. Any Prime Minister now Tory/Labour seems to become a figure of fun instantly (it's basically become a political tactic from both sides). How you lead a country effectively when you are constantly undermined I do not know.

I think we've seen from the Tories, that chopping and changing isn't the way to go. You just end up doing nothing.

Ultimately I suspect Labour are concerned, but the plans they have are huge, and will take time - but they have five years. They'll only get things done if they stick to delivery, and try and ignore the politics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.