Keir Starmer

He feels he can't be seen as acting too left wing, it's a difficult balancing act being different from the Tories without being seen as someone who just promises everything to everyone.

Governments tend to lose elections rather than opposition winning them.

You will only see the true Starmer if he wins the election or forms a coalition.

Being braver would be nice but it ain't happening, certainly while things are collapsing for Johnson and his incompetents.

He feels he can't be seen as acting too left wing, it's a difficult balancing act being different from the Tories without being seen as someone who just promises everything to everyone.

Governments tend to lose elections rather than opposition winning them.

You will only see the true Starmer if he wins the election or forms a coalition.

Being braver would be nice but it ain't happening, certainly while things are collapsing for Johnson and his incompetents.
And he’s not going to commit to anything until months before an election because if he does and has to modify the proposed policy it would be a gift to the Tories.
He’s not an idiot.

And he’s not going to commit to anything until months before an election because if he does and has to modify the proposed policy it would be a gift to the Tories.
He’s not an idiot.

Think he did the right thing tbh, keep highlighting the governments actions for the time being and give them as little opportunity for deflection as possible.

Think he did the right thing tbh, keep highlighting the governments actions for the time being and give them as little opportunity for deflection as possible.

I thought he did ok - taking the piss over the Carrie job offer etc - Johnson was flustered coz he didn't just ask 6 questions on the rail strikes so he could do the back to the 70's strikes and Arthur Scargill nonsense that he had prepared - I mean he tried to shoehorn it in anyway but it came across desperate

Jezza was on the picket line at Newcastle station making speeches and getting on TV. Like it or not Starmer is attempting to distance Labour from Corbyn. If Starmer or the Shadow Cabinet are on RMT picket lines and filmed etc its giving the Conservative ammo for their Starmer is a Corbyn acolyte narrative - its a very complicated strategy game being payed out but as it stands today I see little profit for Starmer giving Johnson a distraction away from his long distance troubles.

"For all the grumbles about Keir Starmer’s dullness, the fact that the Labour leader is inoffensive to Lib Dems – and unscary even to onetime Tory voters – is the essential prerequisite for tactical voting and, as these results demonstrate, a precious asset."

Jezza was on the picket line at Newcastle station making speeches and getting on TV. Like it or not Starmer is attempting to distance Labour from Corbyn.
Even 2 1/2 years later? That's a serious case of long Corbyn. I mean who are the people who are struggling to move on here?

If Starmer or the Shadow Cabinet are on RMT picket lines and filmed etc its giving the Conservative ammo for their Starmer is a Corbyn acolyte narrative -I
Fuck me it's not like they are accusing Labour of being in the pockets of the unions anyway and I doubt anyone is suggesting Keith gets on the frontline with a loud hailer ... just maybe take a position as events unfold around him.

its a very complicated strategy game being payed out but as it stands today I see little profit for Starmer giving Johnson a distraction away from his long distance troubles.
It's not complicated at all and I get the strategy. Stand aside and wait for the Tories to implode and then pick up the pieces in the next election.

Fuck me it's not like they are accusing Labour of being in the pockets of the unions anyway and I doubt anyone is suggesting Keith gets on the frontline with a loud hailer ... just maybe take a position as events unfold around him.

Johnson the other day said Labour were literally holding hands with Scargill - the Tories are mad keen - they call it Labour Rails strikes etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.