Keir Starmer

What is the point of Starmer coming up with a plan for fuel/electricity he has at least 2 years to go before a general election?
Knowing how someone would deal with a crisis is a pretty good thing before you vote them in. The only thing one has to be wary about is if they are just promising all sorts of shit to gain popularity. Politicians do have form for this:-)

That is for the electorate to decide so God help us but that's democracy.

I am afraid there are many on the left who dominate the politics sub forum cannot accept reality.
They think the answer to getting comprehensively beaten at the last election is to press ahead with a wish list of .. left wing policies that would cost a fortune to implement.
This scares off the moderates in the Electorate as they know in reality the policies have to be paid for by borrowing or by the poor sods who are on PAYE.
Everyone has a conscience and would say yes they would like to live in a fairer Society providing someone else is paying for it.
Economics not really a strongpoint for those on the right who have been hoodwinked into believing neo liberal bollox.

The austerity myth needs to be smashed to pieces not reinforced by the fucking centrist loons

Knowing how someone would deal with a crisis is a pretty good thing before you vote them in. The only thing one has to be wary about is if they are just promising all sorts of shit to gain popularity. Politicians do have form for this:-)

That is for the electorate to decide so God help us but that's democracy.
As a friend of mine pointed out what is the point of freezing prices those living in huge mansions and earning fortunes will benefit more than the ordinary man in the street.

Let the prices find their own level and give a rebate to all customers the rich will then pay more than the poor.

What is the point of Starmer coming up with a plan for fuel/electricity he has at least 2 years to go before a general election?
It just highlights that the Tories don't have a plan.

Until they nick Starmer's.

As a friend of mine pointed out what is the point of freezing prices those living in huge mansions and earning fortunes will benefit more than the ordinary man in the street.

Let the prices find their own level and give a rebate to all customers the rich will then pay more than the poor.
Isn’t your argument flawed in the fact that rebates are usually given on the basis of the amount put in.
So the rich in their huge mansions will get bigger rebates.
There will be a few on here that will not be happy with that.

Isn’t your argument flawed in the fact that rebates are usually given on the basis of the amount put in.
So the rich in their huge mansions will get bigger rebates.
There will be a few on here that will not be happy with that.
Not based on payments but a flat rate across the board.

So if prices rise by 100% somebody who paid £1k a year previously would get a £1k rebate and end up paying the same. The wealthy bloke who paid £3k per year previously would also get a £1k rebate but would be now paying £5k.

That is roughly what my mate was suggesting. Seems quite a good idea as the more wealthy you are the more you will pay.

Not based on payments but a flat rate across the board.

So if prices rise by 100% somebody who paid £1k a year previously would get a £1k rebate and end up paying the same. The wealthy bloke who paid £3k per year previously would also get a £1k rebate but would be now paying £5k.

That is roughly what my mate was suggesting. Seems quite a good idea as the more wealthy you are the more you will pay.
I see what your getting at now. It wasn’t clear in your original post.
I think you will find those who live in mansions are there by choice and not because of the size of their family.
On that basis they only heat the rooms they use on a regular basis, so their heating bills are not based on their ability to pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.