Keir Starmer

They haven’t stood on the same policies in any way, shape or form though, have they?

We had 10 years of growth under Blair, the biggest redistribution of wealth over a 10 year period in history, record investment in the NHS, the shortest waiting times in history, tax credits, biggest ever spending on state education, close economic and political ties with the EU.

Under the Tories we had a decade of austerity, high taxes low spend, pathetic economic growth, NHS funding absolutely decimated, record long NHS waiting times, police spending absolutely decimated, fucking BREXIT! and then the last 3 years of absolute moronic incompetence!

You couldn’t really get a more stark contrast!

You miss the truths in what you say; did B-liar not open the door to privatisation of the NHS? Yes, he did.

Did he get us into unfounded wars for the pursuit of oil? Yes, he did. There's more I haven't gotten into.

This is the point I made about serving two masters.

Ironically, you say [new] Labour gave us the greatest of years, so what did they do to let the Tories in? And it wasn't Brown being 'communist' as he was neolib in outlook.

That's conveniently forgotten.

….
Ironically, you say [new] Labour gave us the greatest of years, so what did they do to let the Tories in? And it wasn't Brown being 'communist' as he was neolib in outlook.

Being in power for 13 years is what they did. Govts run out of steam 8 to 10 years in, no matter who they are. After that they either lose power or like Major retain power but, in reality, it’s a zombie Govt and next election you see a wipeout.

Brown would likely have done the zombie Govt bit, but for the financial crisis.

I’m going to go with MLK’s overall philosophy as opposed to the meme’s.

Do so.

It got to the point where he got so fed up with the status quo, he said “I will join with anyone, I don't care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth.” and he went in search of different mindsets to push forward and was murdered for it.

Sorry if I gave away the ending...

You miss the truths in what you say; did B-liar not open the door to privatisation of the NHS? Yes, he did.

Did he get us into unfounded wars for the pursuit of oil? Yes, he did. There's more I haven't gotten into.

This is the point I made about serving two masters.

“Let them in”? Haha!

It was one of the longest periods in power in history.

The ONLY time Labour won re-election and they did it TWICE.

So whatever they did to “let the Tories into power” was less than every other Labour cabinet or shadow cabinet in the history of the country.

Brown is arguably the best Chancellor the country has ever had, a real intellectual heavyweight. But he wasn’t a leader, certainly not in the modern political sense.

After a decade or so, a global financial crisis, people wanted a change, something new.

Unfortunately Cameron hoodwinked them with his sharp suits and “call me Dave” shite.

Labour would have got back into power under David Milliband, no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

But your lot pulled a manoeuvre, appointed Ed, moved Labour to the left and 12 years later, here we are with this shower of absolute shite (literally).

12 years and 4 elections to get a left wing PM and been trounced each time.

Time to go back to what works for the country.

“Let them in”? Haha!

It was one of the longest periods in power in history.

The ONLY time Labour won re-election and they did it TWICE.

So whatever they did to “let the Tories into power” was less than every other Labour cabinet or shadow cabinet in the history of the country.

Brown is arguably the best Chancellor the country has ever had, a real intellectual heavyweight. But he wasn’t a leader, certainly not in the modern political sense.

After a decade or so, a global financial crisis, people wanted a change, something new.

Unfortunately Cameron hoodwinked them with his sharp suits and “call me Dave” shite.

Labour would have got back into power under David Milliband, no doubt in my mind whatsoever.

But your lot pulled a manoeuvre, appointed Ed, moved Labour to the left and 12 years later, here we are with this shower of absolute shite (literally).

12 years and 4 elections to get a left wing PM and been trounced each time.

Time to go back to what works for the country.

It wasn't 'policy' that did Miliband in, it was right wing media as it did with Corbyn, whose policies were more supportive of the people and more popular now, then Starmer's position.

Not that you'll ever admit that.

It wasn't 'policy' that did Miliband in, it was right wing media as it did with Corbyn, whose policies were more supportive of the people and more popular now, then Starmer's position.

Not that you'll ever admit that.
Not sure which Miliband you’re referring to, but the way David was screwed by McCluskey and your mates was an absolute fucking disgrace, and a major turning point in modern politics in this country.

Ed didn’t get in partly because of his policies, partly because he a strange, awkward **** who couldn’t lead a dog around a park.

Mate have you actually watched that video?

Because it plays very much like a smear campaign against liberals!..

Brushes off the "bigotry" of the EDL as if it's a minor footnote, and goes on to suggest the far-right isn't the real enemy, liberals are!

I don't give a flying fuck how many photos you pull out of your arse with him stood next to ethnic minorities.

This is his "very fine people on both sides" moment.

It's a shame because he's done some fine work on the strikes, but he's got no one to blame but himself for his words in that video. Really disappointed in him.
Yeah I watched it. I saw it a few weeks back the first time round this 6/7 year old clip emerged on Twitter. It was probably the day after he began doing some media rounds. Didn't seem to gain much traction and it appears the liberal attack dogs are back for another bite at the cherry.

As for the content yeah..... the wording was clumsy and the tone was over aggressive. I'm in no way advocating for hatred of the liberal left but then again you chucking in a Trump comparison is testing my resolve on that front. However poorly he put it across his argument was that the abandonment of the working class by the liberal left has helped to amplify the voices of bigots like Robinson, and to a degree I think he makes a valid point.

The only reference to ethnic minorities he makes in that clip is in reference to what *he* believes are the calculations the liberal left make in their pitch for potential support. Like I say clumsy language open to interpretation by people seeking to smear. If he'd made the claim that it was the *white* working class who were being abandoned your accusation may be valid....... but he didn't so it isnt.

I dunno. What's your theory?

I don't have one, that's why I asked.

Can see why might have met him under some duress and/or to facilitate safe passage if going on a humanitarian mission, don't know enough either way to say that it wasn't a genuine mission. So I'll assume it was.

But was it necessary to praise the commander's military prowess/spirit when he died?

Is he just a bit thick or has someone whispered an activation code in his ear?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.