Keir Starmer

There's a saying that one should never vote into power those that seek it.

Corbyn was shoved forward and didn't want the leadership in the beginning, which is why people saw him as 'terrible'.

He was, and is, a reluctant leader.

This sentiment is right up to a point. People that seek power for their own ego should usually be kept far away from power as possible.

Unfortunately Corbyn had no stake in actually winning because he could no longer inhabit his natural environment of the protest movement.

It was never going to happen because he wasn't sufficiently serious about winning power and his policies when he gained it.

Ed won a legitimate democratic mandate, nobody was screwed over as the Unions had the right to vote for who they considered the best candidate. Why voting for the best candidate is disgraceful is beyond me.

The right wing of the Labour party doesn't like Democracy as they showed when they turned on Corbyn who had twice been elected leader by the membership. They have also showed they are willing to do almost anything to control the party including gerrymandering votes for the NEC by booting out left wing members on spurious grounds.
I know people personally in unions who wanted to vote for David who were whipped and essentially blackmailed into voting for Ed by union bosses. We’ve clearly got very different definitions of democracy.

In my version, the electorate get to choose the leader / party they want.

In yours, you and Billy Bragg get to wank each other off in your cardigans and dream up imaginary scenarios that don’t exist and anyone who disagrees with you is labelled a neolib / right wing ****.

I know people personally in unions who wanted to vote for David who were whipped and essentially blackmailed into voting for Ed by union bosses. We’ve clearly got very different definitions of democracy.

In my version, the electorate get to choose the leader / party they want.

In yours, you and Billy Bragg get to wank each other off in your cardigans and dream up imaginary scenarios that don’t exist and anyone who disagrees with you is labelled a neolib / right wing ****.
Whipped and blackmailed how?

Getting people to think about others would be a good start.

People don’t have time for anything but work and family these days.
I'm not sure in the sense that people do go to work but I get the impression from how I personally am and people I work with that it's just to go, to get paid and fuck off home

It's like we all have become like Boris. The culture from the top has infected us all.

Now I sense and feel this and occasionally I fight back but when faced with it constantly, well its difficult

I'm not sure in the sense that people do go to work but I get the impression from how I personally am and people I work with that it's just to go, to get paid and fuck off home

It's like we all have become like Boris. The culture from the top has infected us all.

Now I sense and feel this and occasionally I fight back but when faced with it constantly, well its difficult
Why would people care about their jobs if they know there is no loyalty?

I was meaning that people have to work so many hours that they don’t have time for anything but work and family.

If you don’t motivate your staff, there will be a high turnover and you’re spending more on training etc.

Who your boss is probably defines whether your job is palatable or not these days.

Not many have a “job for life.”

Whipped and blackmailed how?
She was told in no uncertain terms that the union was supporting Ed and that she must follow suit. And she was instructed to relay that message to those who worked under her.

I’m not going to go into any specifics of who she is or where she works, but the words she used were that her and her colleagues were told they didn’t have a choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.