Keir Starmer

If he can't get Labour back into number 10, with the mess that the Conservative party is in at the moment, he needs a shoe up the hole. Mind you, Labour were favourites at the last election and had a disastrous showing in that campaign. IIRC, didn’t the exit polls have Labour winning that election. So who knows? The great unwashed are an unpredictable breed.

Reactions: mat
Not a big fan of starmer myself. But he is the perfect politician for this period of chaos.

He hasn't really done the poisonous divisive politics of modern times. He's been pretty much free from controversy, a lot more honest.
Steady hand, even if it isn't as inspiring.
I think he would be a good Prime Minister. I don't want charisma, I want trust in a normal person.

If he can't get Labour back into number 10, with the mess that the Conservative party is in at the moment, he needs a shoe up the hole. Mind you, Labour were favourites at the last election and had a disastrous showing in that campaign. IIRC, didn’t the exit polls have Labour winning that election. So who knows? The great unwashed are an unpredictable breed.
Prior to the 2019 election, Labour were 10%+ behind for months in the polls, and the exit poll got the result (a huge Tory majority) pretty much spot on.

Not a big fan of starmer myself. But he is the perfect politician for this period of chaos.

He hasn't really done the poisonous divisive politics of modern times. He's been pretty much free from controversy, a lot more honest.
Steady hand, even if it isn't as inspiring.
He does come across as a decent bloke. It wasn't his fault he inherited a party in a shambles after the last election. Maybe a steady hand is just what Labour need.

Only one person can fail to get into Number Ten next election, he might make it but he won’t be there much longer than Truss, Sir Kier is a wet lettuce. But to be fair, look at the last two American Presidents, are we really so band at electing leaders?

I think he would be a good Prime Minister. I don't want charisma, I want trust in a normal person.
I’ve been trying to think of a way to put it for a while now. I had, I don’t want charisma but couldn’t think of anything witty/pithy/concise for the second half. You’ve hit the nail right on the head. Thank you.

I just want peace in our time!! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.