Keisuke Honda close to signing - ESPN

i hope if we did sign him it wouldnt just be for marketing purposes!??! can he actually play??

S04 said:
richards30 said:
i hope if we did sign him it wouldnt just be for marketing purposes!??! can he actually play??

You never watch boring stuff like the WC or similar eh?
lol not every match mate i`m afraid!! marriage and kids only let me watch england and the huge matches.

richards30 said:
S04 said:
richards30 said:

lol not every match mate i`m afraid!! marriage and kids only let me watch england and the huge matches.

Well, he had a good WC, but in all honesty I don´t know if we will make a move for him..the russians will not sell him on the cheap.

S04 said:
richards30 said:
S04 said:

Well, he had a good WC, but in all honesty I don´t know if we will make a move for him..the russians will not sell him on the cheap.
cheers mate,is he a possibility?? seeing your location not heard any goss bud?

From what I remember of the world cup he was the best player in the tournament who didn't play for Uruguay, Germany, Holland or Spain.

If we got him for a knockdown price he woul definitely be a good squad player.

And signings made to 'sell shirts' as many have alluded to...well things hav moved on alot since the days when this may have been a consideration, players wages are so high that this has no bearing - Only if wages were <£30,000 pw could a player actually pay for himself, and thats the real BIG players like Beckham etc.

Yea from what i remember ,i was very impressed !
Inzi said:
to be fair he is pretty class, honda that is

i remember a quote from wenger about him from the world cup

he said something along the lines of everything genius happens when honda plays and he was his player of the tounement

be class signing but dno how he's gona fit in

other guys from championship, dno how good he though

If he was signed it would be as a rotation/squad player unless he pushes into contention for 1st team when he gets here.

Circa £12m for a class AM who works hard and can slot in for most games is a good deal. Every other midfielder we are looking at is £25m it seems apart form a couple coming close to end of their contracts.

The fact that he would get us some exposure in Japan and maybe sell a few shirts is a bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.