Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember after he scored against Spurs in the league he hardly played for the next two months. Sheer lunacy.

It was especially mad when he wasn't getting minutes in dead rubbers, cup games or when scorelines were like 3:0 - 4:0 up. Guardiola however seems to be doing the same - Iheanacho is being introduced for 5-10 minutes, instead of 15-20.

It was especially mad when he wasn't getting minutes in dead rubbers, cup games or when scorelines were like 3:0 - 4:0 up. Guardiola however seems to be doing the same - Iheanacho is being introduced for 5-10 minutes, instead of 15-20.
Hardly the same is it? He will play 90 against Bournemouth. Why would he tire him out when he has to lead the line whilst Aguero is banned? Got a few minutes into his legs for Saturday whilst inproving his already sky high confidence.

I remember after he scored against Spurs in the league he hardly played for the next two months. Sheer lunacy.

Not true. He came on in the next game against Liverpool for 35 mins, he also came on as a sub in the two games following that.

I think Iheanacho must be a regular starter, the coach should find a way for that. He will reach his potential if and only if he plays regularly. Aguero has ability to play as a shadow striker behind the forward. So I think despite that there are really some exciting players, Iheanacho deserves to be a regular starter after what he achieved so far.

Last edited:
I think Kelechi must be a regular starter, the coach should find a way for that. He will reach his potential if and only if he plays regularly. Aguero has ability to play as a shadow striker behind the forward. So I think despite that there are really some exciting players, Kelechi deserves to be a regular starter after what he achieved so far.

Pep doesn't utilise a shadow striker. Are you suggesting he should adapt his style to accommodate Kelechi?

Yes, why not when we have a talent like Iheanacho. Two main reasons:
  • He has showed what can he do, has a great eye for goal, he is at the right place at the right time. He is tall enough, strong, fast and good with the ball. He can score both from inside and outside of the box. What else can be demanded from a striker?
  • It will be hard to put him on the bench until Aguero leaves.

Last edited:
His jump shot is absolutely terrible. I'm appalled. He called it a 'throw'. Offended. (New inside city).

Also Willy dribbled the ball off his nuts trying to go between the legs, behind the back at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.