Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my position in the East stand, you could clearly see that Pep was getting annoyed with him and his positioning on the pitch. He obviously wasn't following his instructions closely enough and Pep was turning to the bench and gesturing every time the ball came out of Arsenal's defence.

He definitely had a brain fart when we passed it back to Cech though.

I think he was trying to play it off the defender and out for a corner but the defender was a bit too cute for him.

The lad is an excellent finisher but there's not much else to his game at the moment. Pellegrini used to say he's a number 10 but, aside from a few decent assists, his build up and all round play isn't good enough.

He has plenty of time on his side and is just a bit raw, but I think he's a good 2nd/3rd striker to have.

I do think a loan where he can play a full season in the premier league would do him the world of good. Bournemouth would be a good move for him, they play football and he would start every game.

No one fell for any bait.

The 'fanboy' had an agenda,he and his cronies were talking shit and their presence on the board was unhealthy - hence they have vanished :-)

I'm glad we have members lke domalino who recognise such and correctly gave them short shrift.

vanished ? Unfortunately that will only be temporary , new e-mail , user name and i.p address and the same "cronies" will appear to waste a lot of our time. As far as the insults go , there are far more subtle ways to make someone look a fool , it just takes a little intelligence .Personally i don't post anything i wouldnt say to someones face , keyboard warriors are at best a mild irritation .
Back to the thread , Kelechi although an excellent player will not get the games he needs under Pep , he will be one of those players who will eventually leaves and in a few years time and we will be saying , "who let him go for £20m" when he is knocking in goals regularly at a champs league club. Many give Sturridge as an example of our profligacy but when Nacho leaves it will come back and bite us in the arse ,because he will turn out to be a world class striker but disappointingly i don't think it will be in our blue shirt

vanished ? Unfortunately that will only be temporary , new e-mail , user name and i.p address and the same "cronies" will appear to waste a lot of our time. As far as the insults go , there are far more subtle ways to make someone look a fool , it just takes a little intelligence .Personally i don't post anything i wouldnt say to someones face , keyboard warriors are at best a mild irritation .
Back to the thread , Kelechi although an excellent player will not get the games he needs under Pep , he will be one of those players who will eventually leaves and in a few years time and we will be saying , "who let him go for £20m" when he is knocking in goals regularly at a champs league club. Many give Sturridge as an example of our profligacy but when Nacho leaves it will come back and bite us in the arse ,because he will turn out to be a world class striker but disappointingly i don't think it will be in our blue shirt

The staff on this board have an excellent eye for a returnee,those that aren't quickly binned,and are allowed a second opportunity,are kept under close scrutiny ;-)

Regards your Kelechi comments......i see a fine prospect,but he's no where close to being a regular here or indeed the superstar you predict,there are flaws in his game that need addressing first.You could be right,he may well become impatient with his opportunities,and he may leave for pastures new,but i'm confident,if that's the case,we'll have a very effective player to replace him.

Just to clarify though,i sincerely hope he stays,his game matures and improves,and he becomes the world class player you believe he will be.

I think people are making far too much of his recent absences from the side. its clear from Pep's treatment of Kelechi, Sane & Stones that he's very protective of younger players. Quick to take them out of the firing line if he thinks they're struggling.

Only a few weeks ago Sane seemed to have completely disappeared of the scene. Now, after careful handling by Pep, he appears to be on the brink of a major break through. That's how it goes with young players. I expect Kelechi will have plenty of game time in the next fortnight.

He's struggling at the moment. His positioning, control and decision making is letting him down. He has good movement when we attack and his natural instinct for a goal is remarkable for his age however he really needs to improve his control and passing. Chelsea's 2nd or 3rd goal was a coincequence of him not being decisive enough, he dwells on the ball and then gets tackled.

He will come good I think. Not sure he will ever be world class but certainly a good back-up.

I think he might benefit from a loan to West Ham in January, they are after a striker I think he could score 10 goals in the second half of the season and he probably wouldn't get much playing time here. The added bonus would be that they could take some points off our rivals.

Compare the comments if Nacho plays or comes on as a sub and does well, to the latest ones. My guess is the lad is developing and learning. He might be in a period of time where he learns new things or his progress is stalling. The latter happens to all young players. Remember he hardly has had a game with one of the youth-teams so something special needs to be there for Pellegrini and Pep to keep him with the senior squad. Ever since he came over from his homeland he trained with the seniuor squad and over the years has build a very decent trackrecord. So ... patience maybe and see where this is leading to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.