Ken Livingston

Really, I never mentioned Israel so you give it a "fucking" rest if you want it like that or a decent debate about something that happened in history, you really are tiresome as you obviously have a view that nobody else can have a view on something.
No but Livingstone incorrectly referred to Israel amongst his other inaccurate "facts".

Really, I never mentioned Israel so you give it a "fucking" rest if you want it like that or a decent debate about something that happened in history, you really are tiresome as you obviously have a view that nobody else can have a view on something.
You're entitled to have a view but not to quote "facts" that are wrong. If you do, you will get pulled up. As west didsblue points out, Livingstone referred to "Israel", which didn't exist until 1948. And neither was Hitler a supporter of Zionism. And if you don't believe me, read this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36165298

I'll quote some of it.
Hitler was not a supporter of Zionism. He believed, on the contrary, that Zionism was one of many deliberately deceptive labels that Jews placed upon what he believed to be their endless striving for global power and the extermination of the human species.

"He was supporting Zionism" is categorically false and reveals a total and fundamental misunderstanding of what Hitler's anti-Semitism was all about. Tens of thousands of German Jews did emigrate to Palestine before British policy made this all but impossible. And some German officials did take an interest in Zionism. But there was never a German policy to support Zionism or a future Israel.

So he isn't quoting "facts".

You both know what he meant, Livingstone is far from racist or a antis emetic as can be, Galloway is spot on and you both know it !

I'm surprised that the focus is on his Nazi comments, which just seem to me to fall into the "peculiar ramblings" category. I though his comments about hating Israeli's but not jews living in Golders Green were worse.

Being completely uninformed in these matters, I honestly struggle to see what all the fuss is about based on what he said.

Clearly I am missing something, but what's wrong with saying Hitler wanted to send all the Jews to Israel before he went mad and killed millions of them? I don't know whether the statement is true or not, but where's the anti-semitism in saying it? I don't get it (and I don't mean to offend anyone).

Being completely uninformed in these matters, I honestly struggle to see what all the fuss is about based on what he said.

Clearly I am missing something, but what's wrong with saying Hitler wanted to send all the Jews to Israel before he went mad and killed millions of them? I don't know whether the statement is true or not, but where's the anti-semitism in saying it? I don't get it (and I don't mean to offend anyone).

I think the gist of it is saying hitler was a Zionist. A Zionist being someone who supports Jews and the state of Israel. My understanding is it is crass in the extreme to accuse hitter of doing anything in support of the Jews. He only supported an arrangement to get them to Israel for his own benefit and not because he was a supporter of Israel. Pb - please correct me if I am wrong.

Is anybody surprise an mp or someone associated with politics is a ****,they al seem like cunts to me,I don't get involved and I don't vote ,they IMO are only interest in what's in it for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.