When you're in ketosis, after a while you probably won't even want breakfast.

I have a bullet proof coffee in the morning and don't feel hungry until the afternoon.

Lots of people fast for hours, sometimes days, because a fat based diet makes you far less hungry than a carb diet.

When I came out of keto for 10 days in Berlin I was shocked at how hungry I was and how much more I ate after introducing carbs back in.

Today, now I'm back in ketosis, I've been awake since 5am and have only had a bullet proof coffee. I'll go and grab something small to eat at 2pm, and then have a meal this evening.

So what have you achieved using this eating plan Mada and do you find it sustainable. I presume that when you reach your target weight you increase the carbs to a more healthy level or do you restrict permanently ?

My problem stems from an addiction to cake biscuits ice cream etc and if I have a biscuit then the packet is history and I still go on the hunt and prowl for more. An example with the ice cream was last week I bought in 3 packets of Soloro lollies so 9 in total as they only have 99k calories and after I had a drink at home there was not left in the morning. I am at the moment a heart attack waiting to happen so change I must but not change for any given event but more change my whole dietary thinking and ethos. Like the poem above talking is one thing but walking the walk is another.

Last edited:
So what have you achieved using this eating plan Mada and do you find it sustainable. I presume that when you reach your target weight you increase the carbs to a more healthy level or do you restrict permanently ?

I've lost 3 stone mate, and that was in about the first 9 months or so, riding 8 miles a day (my commute).

I've been keto for a year now and plan to eat like this for the rest of my life (I'm 40) because I love it that much. I have cheat days with beers every so often and then I eat carbs when I'm on holiday. Apart from that I eliminate carbs as much as possible during every day life. I'll have a couple of carrots a week and a sweet potato. I hammer the greens for the magnesium and potassium and other nutrients, and consume lots of salt, as these electrolytes are crucial when you're balls deep in keto.

I don't plan on increasing carbs, but as stated above, I'll indulge on special occasions.

My problem stems from an addiction to cake biscuits ice cream etc and if I have a biscuit then the packet is history and I still go on the hunt and prowl for more. An example with the ice cream was last week I bought in 3 packets of Soloro lollies so 9 in total as they only have 99k calories and after I had a drink at home there was not left in the morning. I am at the moment a heart attack waiting to happen so change I must but not change for any given event but more change my whole dietary thinking and ethos. Like the poem above talking is one thing but walking the walk is another.

Sorry, I didn't reply to the lower part.

I was in the same boat. I used to eat shit loads myself and piled the weight on and felt pretty awful, and didn't realise it was more than likely a sugar and carb overload and my insulin was going nuts trying to control it, and my brain being hooked on sugar.

I just hope you can crack it mate, and that you also enjoy a new lease of life from it and end up feeling incredible. It's not always straight forward and you can feel rough some days, but the overall healthy feeling and mind clarity over rides the bad days.

Appreciate the help Red and after a coffee will put that on my phone but is it the one with the M on it as there is quite a few. Just come back from Lidl's with the provisions and I must say not overtly expensive . Few examples of value being 5% fat steak mince @ £5.40 a kilo and fresh chicken breast at £5.20 a kilo. Also got some peppered steaks 350 grams for only £2.99 a few buckets of eggs and some mature cheddar for pennies. We also got some of the green in and don't normally visit this isle and as it's all alien it took us a while to disseminate what everything was. I heard someone mention the cauliflower is the potatoe of Keto-Land so I whacked in three of those and also got lettuce and a few tomatoes. The wife said I have to go on the net and find out what to do with these collies as she said she genuinely does not have a scooby doo what to make of them. I confess to buying our fish in the tins to contain the smell and plumped for sardines and herring in brine. Mad up for this at the moment but obviously this will wain when I go into severe withdrawal early this evening.
The one I use is called Carb Manager: Keto Diet Tracker by Wombat apps. It's a orange "M" inside a green "C" for it's logo.

As for cauliflower, I enjoy it as cauliflower mash (like potatoes) and cauliflower rice. It's good roasted with garlic or garlic salt and olive oil. Some good recipes on the web.

The one I use is called Carb Manager: Keto Diet Tracker by Wombat apps. It's a orange "M" inside a green "C" for it's logo.

As for cauliflower, I enjoy it as cauliflower mash (like potatoes) and cauliflower rice. It's good roasted with garlic or garlic salt and olive oil. Some good recipes on the web.

So just boil it like potatoes and then add fresh butter to taste ? I am putting the app on now Red and thanks for the assistance.

I think this regime may have been designed around me as there are zero carbs in gin and it's also low in calories at 50 kcal a measure. Inceredible.

I've got a new love of spiced rum and sugar free ginger beer. I plan on drowning in it tonight.

Sounds tip top Adam and a really nice drink is the Rum but never thought of drinking it with ginger beer. I have over the past six months cut down my consumption of alcohol to thrice weekly and I am steady away on that. Just really nice to know a gin and low cal tonic carries no carbs so options abound. Some fair to middling beers with reduced carbs posted a few pages back if the weather gets nice so not all doom and gloom.

Sounds tip top Adam and a really nice drink is the Rum but never thought of drinking it with ginger beer. I have over the past six months cut down my consumption of alcohol to thrice weekly and I am steady away on that. Just really nice to know a gin and low cal tonic carries no carbs so options abound. Some fair to middling beers with reduced carbs posted a few pages back if the weather gets nice so not all doom and gloom.

Rum and ginger beer is known as a 'dark and stormy'. Just in case any of you fancy-pants want to order one in your swanky cocktail bars ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.