Rum and ginger beer is known as a 'dark and stormy'. Just in case any of you fancy-pants want to order one in your swanky cocktail bars ;-)

Ha ! I could not afford to drink spirits on a night out unless it was at a Spoons. The publicans should hang their heads in shame eternal shame at their mark ups on spirits. A litre bottle of naff Gordons cost to a publican circa £14 and he can get 40 shots out of it yet thinks it fine and dandy to charge around a five spot with a shot of shit tonic. So £186 a bottle gross profit is having folk over for a fat lad and that is why I have to drink ale on a night out because that is priced more considerately. Double the prices or more for a cocktail as that has an umbrella in and is shaken not stirred.. No one denies a man a living but that is a Tom Brown spanking by anyone's thinking. You can get a double Tanq and Tonic at Tim's gaff for only £3.85 .. ...A dark and Stormy you say ?

Sounds tip top Adam and a really nice drink is the Rum but never thought of drinking it with ginger beer. I have over the past six months cut down my consumption of alcohol to thrice weekly and I am steady away on that. Just really nice to know a gin and low cal tonic carries no carbs so options abound. Some fair to middling beers with reduced carbs posted a few pages back if the weather gets nice so not all doom and gloom.

It's really nice with ginger beer IMO, as is Bison Vodka.

You're fine with the odd glass of wine too if you're partial to a bit of that, but head for the dryer types. And you think, if you can get used to the keto lifestyle and stay in it long enough for your body to adapt to using fat as it's energy source instead of glucose from carbs, you'll be able to enjoy a few pints of your favourite beer once a week without knocking yourself out of ketosis. (everyone's threshold is different though).

Ha ! I could not afford to drink spirits on a night out unless it was at a Spoons. The publicans should hang their heads in shame eternal shame at their mark ups on spirits. A litre bottle of naff Gordons cost to a publican circa £14 and he can get 40 shots out of it yet thinks it fine and dandy to charge around a five spot with a shot of shit tonic. So £186 a bottle gross profit is having folk over for a fat lad and that is why I have to drink ale on a night out because that is priced more considerately. Double the prices or more for a cocktail as that has an umbrella in and is shaken not stirred.. No one denies a man a living but that is a Tom Brown spanking by anyone's thinking. You can get a double Tanq and Tonic at Tim's gaff for only £3.85 .. ...A dark and Stormy you say ?
This is a good article about alcohol on the Keto mate. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/alcohol

Personally I think that while you're trying to get started (and lose weight) it's best to stay away from it altogether, at least for a couple of weeks.

Oh well at least they seem to be having fun : /

Tonight I am having steamed cauliflower avec le grated cheese infused with butter avec la Cumberland sausage

Tried this for 2 weeks. Still drinking alcohol but swapped cans of ale for vodka and diet lemonade. Lost a stone in 14 days. On the beer tonight though watching Clone Roses. As far as diets go This Is The One

Well after 3 hours of dual sulking the wait to achieve Ketosis is now firmly under way. I deleted those fooked up cauliflower pictures because she got on one as she said putting it on the Moon made it look as if she couldn't cook when it was me who spilled the pepper and all I replied back was there's no-one that could use a microwave like her so now she said I have to cook all my own keto meals or go proper fooking hungry. In fairness there was no instructions anywhere on the packet and it's not an item I will be using again.

If anyone is thinking of having a go then I just found these FAQ pages. What I found interesting was the reference to fats and that saturated is good to go and polyunsatured found in spreads in a no no ......Polyunsaturated fats it says are tricky and there are 2 sides of the story. Processed polyunsaturated fats (like margarine spreads and vegetable oils) are terrible for us, and usually include trans fats. They DO have a causation effect with heart disease and should be avoided. However, there are naturally occurring polyunsaturated fats in foods like fish, which are great for us and will improve cholesterol. It’s your job to seek out the healthy fats and eliminate the unhealthy fats. So now I have to consider throwing out our two tubs of Clover ?

https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-faq/#how_long

Well after 3 hours of dual sulking the wait to achieve Ketosis is now firmly under way. I deleted those fooked up cauliflower pictures because she got on one as she said putting it on the Moon made it look as if she couldn't cook when it was me who spilled the pepper and all I replied back was there's no-one that could use a microwave like her so now she said I have to cook all my own keto meals or go proper fooking hungry. In fairness there was no instructions anywhere on the packet and it's not an item I will be using again.

If anyone is thinking of having a go then I just found these FAQ pages. What I found interesting was the reference to fats and that saturated is good to go and polyunsatured found in spreads in a no no ......Polyunsaturated fats it says are tricky and there are 2 sides of the story. Processed polyunsaturated fats (like margarine spreads and vegetable oils) are terrible for us, and usually include trans fats. They DO have a causation effect with heart disease and should be avoided. However, there are naturally occurring polyunsaturated fats in foods like fish, which are great for us and will improve cholesterol. It’s your job to seek out the healthy fats and eliminate the unhealthy fats. So now I have to consider throwing out our two tubs of Clover ?

https://www.ruled.me/ketogenic-diet-faq/#how_long
Kerrygold butter, delicious and good for you.

Wilko food processor and the 1,000 rev motor edition six speeder with interchangeable heads for whipping mixing creaming fluffing blending kneading and your only ever as good as your tools. Only cost £50 with a two year guarantee. Happy days and happy Keto-ing.

BLz2Ic3.jpg

Last edited:
Right that can go back then as it didn't even dent the cauliflower. It came back out of the bowl in a better condition than when it went in .. Pathetic and absolute fooking messer's.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.