I have it in my coffee in the morning, and use organic butter instead of milk - bulletproof coffee.

I have it at 7:30 and hardly feel hungry until 14:00ish but my favourite effect is the mind clarity. My brain loves ketones.

You might want to start off using a tiny bit though because it can make your stomach feel pretty grim at first and make you shit your arse out. It can take a few days for your stomach to adjust. I started off eating spoons of coconut oil and then worked my way up to this mega MCT oil I get now on Amazon.

You can also get powered mct oil which tends to be softer on your belly but is a lot more expensive.
Thanks,sounds a bit scary,i'll go steady

Thanks,sounds a bit scary,i'll go steady

Obviously everyone is different, but me and the missus have had bad belly episodes off it and have had experiences on the toilet.

If you've ever seen the film Dumb & Dumber, the 'Harry on the toilet' scene is a fair reflection of what it can be like.

You do get past it though, if it does indeed happen.

Last edited:
Obviously everyone is different, but me and the missus have had bad belly episodes off it and have had experiences on the toilet.

If you've ever seen the film Dumb & Dumber, the 'Harry on the toilet' scene is a fair reflection of what it can be like.

You do get past it though, if it does indeed happen.

Jesus,sounds like prep for a camera up the arse lol

I took a teaspoon of it this morning,my first go,stomach fine,instead of energy i was spark out for 4hrs lol,due to pain i haven't slept anything like that for 26yrs,gotta love the way fibro reacts to new things,i'll try it again tomorrow

I took a teaspoon of it this morning,my first go,stomach fine,instead of energy i was spark out for 4hrs lol,due to pain i haven't slept anything like that for 26yrs,gotta love the way fibro reacts to new things,i'll try it again tomorrow

It might take a while for you to notice any energy increase while your body learns to use fat as an energy source. It can literally take weeks or months to be fully fat adapted.

It might be worth getting keto urine strips too, if you haven't already, so you can see if you have ketones in your piss to let you know you're in ketosis. If you are in ketosis then MCT oil should hopefully give you a clearer mind and a cleaner feeling around your body.

It might take a while for you to notice any energy increase while your body learns to use fat as an energy source. It can literally take weeks or months to be fully fat adapted.

It might be worth getting keto urine strips too, if you haven't already, so you can see if you have ketones in your piss to let you know you're in ketosis. If you are in ketosis then MCT oil should hopefully give you a clearer mind and a cleaner feeling around your body.
Thanks,i've ordered some today,they'll be here tomorrow

I've lost 11 pounds now,i've measured my ketones today for the first time and it's moderate,i'm still on 1 teaspoon of the MCT oil with no ill effects but only a few days,i can't stomach the butter in the coffee thing in the morning so i've been taking a little whole milk with it
What do i do next to get further into ketosis? thanks

I've lost 11 pounds now,i've measured my ketones today for the first time and it's moderate,i'm still on 1 teaspoon of the MCT oil with no ill effects but only a few days,i can't stomach the butter in the coffee thing in the morning so i've been taking a little whole milk with it
What do i do next to get further into ketosis? thanks

Nice one!

Just carry on as you are with as little carbs and sugars as possible and keep introducing your body to healthy fats and oils, drink lots of water and add salt to everything, well, to what you can.

Nice one!

Just carry on as you are with as little carbs and sugars as possible and keep introducing your body to healthy fats and oils, drink lots of water and add salt to everything, well, to what you can.
Thanks,what does the salt do? i don't use that at all right now,i've brought some extra vigin advocado oil today,not tried it yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.