I've lost 11 pounds now,i've measured my ketones today for the first time and it's moderate,i'm still on 1 teaspoon of the MCT oil with no ill effects but only a few days,i can't stomach the butter in the coffee thing in the morning so i've been taking a little whole milk with it
What do i do next to get further into ketosis? thanks
The bullet coffee tastes OK if you put the coffee,oil and butter in a blender or use hand held blender. Hope that helps

I think the keto flu as they call it is down to sodium defficiencies, which is why they advise you to drink a cup of broth or similar if you get bad headaches or other symptoms

Edit sorry just seen the post above

That's a good tip,thanks

Yeah, that's how you should be making bulletproof coffee if you decide to have it, in the blender.

I personally find it nicer than having milk. Butter pretty much is milk, but I think it's something along the lines of the caffeine sticks to the fat molecules of butter and so is released slower instead of having a mad coffee rush, so it works well with the ketones.

I replaced milk with double cream before I started with the butter. I much prefer butter nowadays.

Yeah, that's how you should be making bulletproof coffee if you decide to have it, in the blender.

I personally find it nicer than having milk. Butter pretty much is milk, but I think it's something along the lines of the caffeine sticks to the fat molecules of butter and so is released slower instead of having a mad coffee rush, so it works well with the ketones.

I replaced milk with double cream before I started with the butter. I much prefer butter nowadays.
I'll give the cream a go,still scary to eat all this fat after years doing the totally opposite!

I'll give the cream a go,still scary to eat all this fat after years doing the totally opposite!

If you've got Netflix, give the Magic Pill a watch. There's some interesting stuff on there about it, from obese women who are hammering medications, to autistic children, to a massive court case in South Africa. It covers numerous things and has some of the top nutritionists talking about it and claiming that the nutritional advice we've been given over the years from botched evidence and research is now probably wrong.

For me, I'm convinced this is the lifestyle I should be leading now. It's not for everyone, but I do think a majority that do it feel the same.

If you've got Netflix, give the Magic Pill a watch. There's some interesting stuff on there about it, from obese women who are hammering medications, to autistic children, to a massive court case in South Africa. It covers numerous things and has some of the top nutritionists talking about it and claiming that the nutritional advice we've been given over the years from botched evidence and research is now probably wrong.

For me, I'm convinced this is the lifestyle I should be leading now. It's not for everyone, but I do think a majority that do it feel the same.
My remaing relatives my mum and 2 older brothers are diabetic,both my brothers have had recent heart attacks,as of last summer i was ok but i have put on more weight since then as i'm on a bad run of breaking bones,i decided to give this a go in case i'm a step nearer to diabetes,it's as good a way to lose the weight as any,in the meantime i hope i take after my dad and not my mum health wise

Can coconut oil be used instead - it's quite nice in black coffee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.