Lost four stone and two pounds now , decided to stop losing weight , just enjoyed my baked beans with three veggie sausages , the beans are twenty grams of carbs , added to the rest included in keto that is a decent start , lush

Do i need to be fully out of keto ? Wee sticks will tell me , not fallen out once in eight months

Well not going to plan , i am 9.12 which is six more than the four stone target , feeling too thin, have been trying to add carbs for about three weeks

Trying to re-introduce carbs slowly is playing havoc with my bowels , cant seem to get adjusted

Today i had a banana and blueberries in with my greek yogurt and keto nut bar and just had small tin of beans on one bit of seeded bread and cheese, i will pay for that tomorrow if it follows on like earlier efforts , and a small carton of orange juice

How long did it take others to get used to carbs again ?

I am also walking and resting as i have to and done all along

Last edited:
How long did it take others to get used to carbs again ?
Tbh Kaz it’s not a one size fits all unfortunately, whilst it can improve insulin sensitivity etc, it’s very person dependant, if someone was good with carbs in the first place and just decided to do Keto, it’s highly likely they will revert back quite easily (your body has homeostatic mechanisms in place ), others who aren’t, not so, there are always extremes.

With you, I think it’s a question of just finding that sweet spot (a lifestyle of eating you’re happy with and can continue indefinitely, and I’d look into “blue zone diets personally ) rather than any kind of full transition back to what would be considered “normal” eating, sadly, it can be mainly just the luck of the draw genetically and physiologically, pisses me off that if I have a carb meal any time before training I’m likely to fall asleep, whereas my mate can eat all sorts of shitty wanker bastard carbs and be lit up to fuck (and stay lean).

Tbh Kaz it’s not a one size fits all unfortunately, whilst it can improve insulin sensitivity etc, it’s very person dependant, if someone was good with carbs in the first place and just decided to do Keto, it’s highly likely they will revert back quite easily (your body has homeostatic mechanisms in place ), others who aren’t, not so, there are always extremes.

With you, I think it’s a question of just finding that sweet spot (a lifestyle of eating you’re happy with and can continue indefinitely, and I’d look into “blue zone diets personally ) rather than any kind of full transition back to what would be considered “normal” eating, sadly, it can be mainly just the luck of the draw genetically and physiologically, pisses me off that if I have a carb meal any time before training I’m likely to fall asleep, whereas my mate can eat all sorts of shitty wanker bastard carbs and be lit up to fuck (and stay lean).
I was living on sweet ,sugary junk for a while before i went on keto , didnt eat much of anything else for months with depression , i think my insides will get used to good carbs eventually , might just have to be patient

I was a chocoholic as well but not touched it and dont want to touch it or eat junk again as i know me , one taste and i would be off again , i think maybe a mixture of keto food and good carbs might be the way to go for me , i just dont want to lose any more weight now , be good to put a couple of pounds back on

I will look at the blue zone diet , thanks for that and your advice

Just had a peek a blue zone , as a veggie it suits me aside from the no dairy bit ,i have to have the plain greek yogurt and cheese but the rest sounds just like me , thanks

Last edited:
I was living on sweet ,sugary junk for a while before i went on keto , didnt eat much of anything else for months with depression , i think my insides will get used to good carbs eventually , might just have to be patient

I was a chocoholic as well but not touched it and dont want to touch it or eat junk again as i know me , one taste and i would be off again , i think maybe a mixture of keto food and good carbs might be the way to go for me , i just dont want to lose any more weight now , be good to put a couple of pounds back on

I will look at the blue zone diet , thanks for that and your advice

Just had a peek a blue zone , as a veggie it suits me aside from the no dairy bit ,i have to have the plain greek yogurt and cheese but the rest sounds just like me , thanks
Just try and tailor it to something you can stick to consistently Kaz (make sure you get your Omega 3,6 and 9’s though, it’s really really important for you, I can’t stress that enough) , that’s the key to it, try and do some resistance training, and be as active as you possibly can, I’m pretty sure you’re hindered a bit I that department from previous posts.

Just try and tailor it to something you can stick to consistently Kaz (make sure you get your Omega 3,6 and 9’s though, it’s really really important for you, I can’t stress that enough) , that’s the key to it, try and do some resistance training, and be as active as you possibly can, I’m pretty sure you’re hindered a bit I that department from previous posts.
Yeah i am bit hampered mobility wise but fast walking gets me out of breath , about all i can manage pain wise , be gardening again in the next couple of weeks which will help

I take three capsules of flaxseed every day , i dont eat fish so get my omega from them and the keto nut bars , i will keep eating those every day at breakfast

I have a much better idea what to do now so thanks again

Last edited:
Yeah i am bit hampered mobility wise but fast walking gets me out of breath , about all i can manage pain wise , be gardening again in the next couple of weeks which will help

I take three capsules of flaxseed every day , i dont eat fish so get my omega from them and the keto nut bars , i will keep eating those every day at breakfast

I have a much better idea what to do now so thanks again
Walking is absolutely fine Kaz and good luck.

Getting much more used to eating carbs , have a daily banana again and beans, chickpeas , bread , blueberries and melon , insides have settled , mostly . Today i had a two bread sarnie for the first time , been having an open sarnies till now and one bit of toast with beans , time eat more bread

Stuck at 9.13 , that is ok but not ideal , i am so used to feeling full on two meals a day that i need to stretch the stomach a bit and push it to three even if small , be happier over 10st, i do like to start the day on full fat yog, fruit and keto bar , sets me up for the day

Never in my life have i ever wanted to put on pounds lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.