I was diagnosed as Pre - diabetic just before Christmas with a blood reading of 43 mmol. I’m pretty happy with my weight so don’t really want to lose any but considering trying Keto . Anyone been in a similar position ?

I was diagnosed as Pre - diabetic just before Christmas with a blood reading of 43 mmol. I’m pretty happy with my weight so don’t really want to lose any but considering trying Keto . Anyone been in a similar position ?

If you have large portions you may be able to stop weight loss , run it by your dr or nurse first though , maybe start slow

If you have large portions you may be able to stop weight loss , run it by your dr or nurse first though , maybe start slow
Dr told me not to worry out it ! But my chlorestorel is high also so I intend to do something about it . I work on building site and I was eating microwave meals every day , crisps , plastic pots of Porridge. All these things I now realise are full of sugar and I’ve cut out . I’ve been on diabetic forums ect and there’s lots of conflicting advice regarding Pre-Diabetes. I will keep researching .

Dr told me not to worry out it ! But my chlorestorel is high also so I intend to do something about it . I work on building site and I was eating microwave meals every day , crisps , plastic pots of Porridge. All these things I now realise are full of sugar and I’ve cut out . I’ve been on diabetic forums ect and there’s lots of conflicting advice regarding Pre-Diabetes. I will keep researching .
Sounds like keto is not for you if you have a high cholesterol, ask the dr , a sensible diet might be what you need , that will get your sugar down naturally

4 more pounds for the 4st

I know why i put on the weight over the last four yrs but fucking hell kazzer you fucking idiot !
The key is how to manage it once you get to your target.

If you’re going to reintroduce carbs - which I do recommend as we do need them (just not to the levels some people eat them) - I’d say only go for wholewheat/wholegrain versions (higher in complex carbs, protein, fibre, iron, magnesium, and zinc, and gives a more steady release of sugars) and introduce physical activity or up your physical activity if you’re already doing some.

The key is how to manage it once you get to your target.

If you’re going to reintroduce carbs - which I do recommend as we do need them (just not to the levels some people eat them) - I’d say only go for wholewheat/wholegrain versions (higher in complex carbs, protein, fibre, iron, magnesium, and zinc, and gives a more steady release of sugars) and introduce physical activity or up your physical activity if you’re already doing some.
Thanks , i have been mulling over what to do , i have been excersing , just fast walking around my garden and indoors front to back door as many times as i can manage and was gardening till the winter , that is all i can do as i have fibro

Getting back into my usual veggie diet with beans and legumes was what i was thinking of starting off with

All along i have had clotted cream with sugar free jelly most days but i am craving a good old cream tea, might go mad and break keto with that first lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.