Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between Gundogan & DeBruyne is about 30-40 goals.
For who? :)

All I'm saying, based on this season's evidence (stupidly small sample size, I know), and on Gundogan's history, the latter is much more suited to KdB's current role in the team. He just dictates the flow much better and has a killer ball in himself as well when needed.

All I'm saying, based on this season's evidence (stupidly small sample size, I know), and on Gundogan's history, the latter is much more suited to KdB's current role in the team. He just dictates the flow much better and has a killer ball in himself as well when needed.

He might be better suited, but DeBruyne is in the strongest team as about the first or 2nd name. Then you find a spot for the rest. That's why he is the only player to play every game when clearly behind the rest on pre season fitness.

He might be better suited, but DeBruyne is in the strongest team as about the first or 2nd name. Then you find a spot for the rest. That's why he is the only player to play every game when clearly behind the rest on pre season fitness.
For most of the games, he should be, yeah. And I guess we won't only see this current sort of 4-1-4-1 all the time. But axing either KdB or Silva to Gundogan from time to time seems to me a logical solution/ Fernandinho is too important for this team as Gundogan never played this near to the CBs and always had some attacking freedom.

Pep even fucked off Muller in a deciding CL encounter (though it was probably a mistake, as I think even he admitted it later), so we cannot be exactly sure how this will work out.

For most of the games, he should be, yeah. And I guess we won't only see this current sort of 4-1-4-1 all the time. But axing either KdB or Silva to Gundogan from time to time seems to me a logical solution/ Fernandinho is too important for this team as Gundogan never played this near to the CBs and always had some attacking freedom.

Pep even fucked off Muller in a deciding CL encounter (though it was probably a mistake, as I think even he admitted it later), so we cannot be exactly sure how this will work out.

Oh I think we will have no option but to rotate quite a lot. It's fucking hard work Pep is asking. I'm talking purely about contribution over the season. It will likey be Aguero & DeBruyne who top the stats in the attacking 3rd, so we have to get them on the pitch as a priority when possible.

Gundogan is at his best playing deeper, linking play between defense and offense. I see him starting in the pivot, not behind the striker.

Last edited:
Gundogan is at his best playing deeper, linking play between defense and offense. I see him starting in the pivot, not behind the striker.
And did KdB play behind the striker so far? Not really. He himself described his current position as some sort of 'free 8 role'. And Gundogan's basically an '8'. You're right in that Dortmund played (possession-based) 4-2-3-1 with Gundogan as part of the double pivot, and of course we might see a change in formation once Ilkay is fit. Not that Pep uses the 4-2-3-1 too much, but he made some exceptions when he had to pick Vidal more often than not at Bayern as he's become very vital to his system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.