Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO KDB is a work in progress for Pep. I'm hoping that everyone (including himself) has patience while he adds the extra elements to his game that are required to be part of a team capable of consistently getting to CL finals.

It'll be the same with many of the squad. Let's see how consistent Sané or Jesus are for example. Pep has alotalota work to do. Just hope he can do it all parallel to a very successful first season.

Have noticed he has got in good positions at the edge of the box for a pull back for a shot but he he is being largely ignored. It's a waste with his shooting ability.

Anyone see Kev getting dropped once Gundogan is back or will it be Silva?

May sound like a politician's answer but rotation will see all three getting plenty of game time. It would be madness to relegate any of them to also-ran status. But anyone having a shit game or two will find themself temporarily down the pecking order. There will doubtless be other positions where the same will apply. If I read Guardiola correctly, every fcuker will be kept on their toes and anything less than 100% effort won't even warrant an entry ticket.

He'll never have Silvas passing rate just because of the passes he attempts. No worries from me with KDB, he's class and will adapt as necessary.

He's still got plenty of credit in the bank just after the Sevilla & PSG goals at home last season, what a player.

I hope he adapts well to his new role. Very slightly worried that he is having more trouble than Silva because he is more used to seeking to shoot than Silva, but he is doing a lot of running and as some have said is probably not entirely match fit yet.

Could see him feeling a little frustrated at less goal scoring opportunities by playing in a deeper role, but if we have the ball for long enough in the opponent's half -- which should happen most games as we improve in cohesiveness -- he and Silva should be closer to being two no. 10's, positioning wise, and therefore he should feel more of a threat as we saw last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.