Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fern, Gundogan and Sergio will be the first three names on the teamsheet imo with kdb, silva,nolito,navas,sterling,kelechi and sane fighting for the other three places

If you line up our signings from last season and this season, there's no doubt that Kev is no.1 in Pep's request.

Any of you who thinks KDB is not a shoe-in to start is mad.

KDB and Aguero are the only players we have that will go straight in into Barca, Madrid, and Bayern's XI.

And did KdB play behind the striker so far? Not really. He himself described his current position as some sort of 'free 8 role'. And Gundogan's basically an '8'. You're right in that Dortmund played (possession-based) 4-2-3-1 with Gundogan as part of the double pivot, and of course we might see a change in formation once Ilkay is fit. Not that Pep uses the 4-2-3-1 too much, but he made some exceptions when he had to pick Vidal more often than not at Bayern as he's become very vital to his system.
I see KDB and Silva as CAMs in a 4141 with Gundogan in the pivot.

I see KDB and Silva as CAMs in a 4141 with Gundogan in the pivot.
I don't think this will hapen, though Pep is Pep. :)

It would mean Gundogan would drop back to the CBs like Xabi did at Bayern for Pep, and now Fernandinho does, which is unlikely in my opinion. I know Pep is not simulating his Barca side, but you would rather think of Gundogan as a 'new Xavi' than Busquets.

I don't think this will hapen, though Pep is Pep. :)

It would mean Gundogan would drop back to the CBs like Xabi did at Bayern for Pep, and now Fernandinho does, which is unlikely in my opinion. I know Pep is not simulating his Barca side, but you would rather think of Gundogan as a 'new Xavi' than Busquets.
We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

This guy is class, people are worried he's not up to pace quite yet, which is fair as he's clearly not in top gear at the moment, yet he still has 2 amazing assists from his 3 appearances - that's what he brings, even in his poorest games he'll usually create a couple of golden chances for someone.

Can't see him ever being a Silva type player myself, who puts in extremely consistent quality performances game after game, with 90%+ pass accuracy & never loses the ball - he'll always be a higher risk higher reward type, he'll lose the ball more & make poorer decisions at times, but he'll be more productive in terms of goals/assists output.

Think it's a sign of how good the guy is people are worried after "only" getting 2 assists in 3 so far.

Fern, Gundogan and Sergio will be the first three names on the teamsheet imo with kdb, silva,nolito,navas,sterling,kelechi and sane fighting for the other three places
When everyone is fit I think...

Bravo (No.1 keeper)
Kompany (Captain)
Aguero (Best striker)

...are the only guaranteed starters and the rest is up for grabs. Obviously there will be some higher up the pecking order such as: Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne due to their superior quality but I don't think they're guaranteed because of the strength in depth with Fernandinho, Nolito, Sané and Sterling rivalling them for the same position.

Bravo (No.1 keeper)
Kompany (Captain)
Aguero (Best striker)

...are the only guaranteed starters and the rest is up for grabs. Obviously there will be some higher up the pecking order such as: Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne due to their superior quality but I don't think they're guaranteed because of the strength in depth with Fernandinho, Nolito, Sané and Sterling rivalling them for the same position.

John stones likes this....

Bravo (No.1 keeper)
Kompany (Captain)
Aguero (Best striker)

Kompany wont be a guaranteed starter, not under Guardiola. He'll never play enough games straight to warrant that tag - either he'll pick up an injury, or Pep will rotate him because he doesn't want to be caught out when VK does inevitably get injured.

Stones on the other hand will probably be indispensable to Pep by January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.