Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows the new makeup and application of the team when KDB seems to be the least athletic! ;)

I hope he adapts well to his new role. Very slightly worried that he is having more trouble than Silva because he is more used to seeking to shoot than Silva, but he is doing a lot of running and as some have said is probably not entirely match fit yet.

Could see him feeling a little frustrated at less goal scoring opportunities by playing in a deeper role, but if we have the ball for long enough in the opponent's half -- which should happen most games as we improve in cohesiveness -- he and Silva should be closer to being two no. 10's, positioning wise, and therefore he should feel more of a threat as we saw last season.
He has always said he loves to get assists more than anything,he said he wants to see Sane shine with his assists for him

I am surprised at people suggesting they're worried about KDB. He is a world class talent playing for the best coach in the world. There is no need to worry about any players at the moment, nor the team. These are very early days in a long season ahead. The players are not fully match fit and they are being asked to play in a completely different way than they are used to. The great thing for us, as against all our opposition that I can think of, is that we have top class players and talents joining the club, or returning from injury. The future is looking very positive.

Still adapting to the new system. When it clicks for him (which it will), we'll be a real force to be reckoned with.

In any case, it's a bit weird to think that in this current system, he actually wouldn't feature in our best 11. Gundogan plays the '8' role much better, of course this might change if KdB can adapt to Pep's requirements. And Silva is simply a more intelligent player with completely different skillset, so of course he will always suffer less if we switch his preferred position. But having said that, I'm sure Kevin will still prove to be a vital player for us, especially as injuries will rather sooner than later kick in, and fortunately he's not that injury prone.

Hoping its just a lack of match fitness didn'tfancy the physical side of the ame on Saturday and atm he is the player who should makeway for gudongan but as another poster as said I see fernandinho moving somwhere in the backline.

In any case, it's a bit weird to think that in this current system, he actually wouldn't feature in our best 11. Gundogan plays the '8' role much better, of course this might change if KdB can adapt to Pep's requirements. And Silva is simply a more intelligent player with completely different skillset, so of course he will always suffer less if we switch his preferred position. But having said that, I'm sure Kevin will still prove to be a vital player for us, especially as injuries will rather sooner than later kick in, and fortunately he's not that injury prone.

The difference between Gundogan & DeBruyne is about 30-40 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.