Kevin De Bruyne - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev looks a bit lost at the minute. Plenty of effort but just not giving us that individual quality he did so often last season. Could well be due to a lack of a proper pre-season but he's doing so much work off the ball that he's not used to, he looks too knackered to take people on when he gets on the ball. Not worried though, he's world class and it will come in time.

KdB doesnt give you full 90. Never did. He is not that kind of player. So lets not expect a Fernandinho+Kdb(of last season) out of him. Pep is making him work harder than last season, for sure, just like with all other players. So he will take some time to understand the other responsibilities he has. He is a work-in-progress. And with Pep, KdB is going to improve his match intelligence as well, which will help him immensely to become an all-round player. This is important for KdB as he cant always rely on counter-attacks & space in front of him to perform. The question is, does he hv the mentality to learn & put in the hard work? We hv to see as the season goes...among ppl in the squad, if u ignore Hart, Pep's biggest project is KdB.

We have some wonderful, knowlegable and football wise Blue Moon Forum Folk, who know more about things than Pep Guardiola and KDB, posting here.

What I don't understand is why senior City excecutives don't just hire them to run things.

I don't know nearly enough about football tactics or the way players have been training or what they have been instructed to do
or whether they have mind distracting events in their private lives to feel able to criticise a superb player like Kevin or his manager.

My first born didn't allow my (then) wife or me a full night's sleep for two years... maybe KDB needs more sleep?

Just call me a happy clapper City fanatic...

JJ

PS. By the way... do I remember correctly that last season's first five league matches were emphatic wins?

Just saying

His passing accuracy with Stoke was 76%, while Silva got 92%.

Its seems Silva is more comfortable in his new role than KDB.

KdB doesnt give you full 90. Never did. He is not that kind of player. So lets not expect a Fernandinho+Kdb(of last season) out of him. Pep is making him work harder than last season, for sure, just like with all other players. So he will take some time to understand the other responsibilities he has. He is a work-in-progress. And with Pep, KdB is going to improve his match intelligence as well, which will help him immensely to become an all-round player. This is important for KdB as he cant always rely on counter-attacks & space in front of him to perform. The question is, does he hv the mentality to learn & put in the hard work? We hv to see as the season goes...among ppl in the squad, if u ignore Hart, Pep's biggest project is KdB.
good post.

His passing accuracy with Stoke was 76%, while Silva got 92%.

Its seems Silva is more comfortable in his new role than KDB.
Silva has the footballing IQ 0.000001% of footballers posses, this set up suits him to a tee. De Bruyne's just not a 90 minute player, he often drops in with world class moments which makes up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.