Kevin De Bruyne 2016/17

I still thinks that Pep was behind the signing of Kev to City. Don't forget that Kev , with Wolfsburg, crushed Bayern 2 times. You can find the video on youtube. Pep will make a star out of Kev .. and others. Next champions league winner in the UK will be city.

Bayern never played with a 10 like KDB, If he were to play for any of Pep's outfits at both Barca or Bayern he'd be used on the right wing in a free flowing attack where coincidently, he did most of his damage against Bayern at WOB. The criticism of Pep and his inability to use/develop Gotze was his unwillingness to play with a 10. It will be interesting to see how he lines KDB up with the additions of Gundogan and possibly another CM because KDB isn't the pacy type winger that Pep preferred at Bayern.

I'm not really sure what constitutes a 'chance' so won't read too much in to that stat. Is there a stat for leaving the post and costing a goal

He didn't have a good game tonight. Mainly because Belgium look like City under Pelligrini

I'm not really sure what constitutes a 'chance' so won't read too much in to that stat. Is there a stat for leaving the post and costing a goal

He didn't have a good game tonight. Mainly because Belgium look like City under Pelligrini

I've been away so missed his last few games.

By the sounds of it he's followed the same pattern of being outstanding in one game and anonymous the next. Inconsistent. In line with the thread title.

I've been away so missed his last few games.

By the sounds of it he's followed the same pattern of being outstanding in one game and anonymous the next. Inconsistent. In line with the thread title.

He has actually been fairly consistent IMO. He's made a similar number of chances per game that I've seen, the difference has been the people on the end of them converting them to goals or not. It's a very odd Belgium side he finds himself in, much like the very odd City side. Still, despite the chances I would have expected him to try and take more games by the scruff of the neck and I think at the moment that's where he is lacking most.

Blue Hefner said:

Wales defended well, even so, Kev got passes away to players in space that delivered crosses that Belgium should have put away. Lukaku and Fellani were so wasteful. A pass to Hazzard that he should have put away too.

He has actually been fairly consistent IMO. He's made a similar number of chances per game that I've seen, the difference has been the people on the end of them converting them to goals or not. It's a very odd Belgium side he finds himself in, much like the very odd City side. Still, despite the chances I would have expected him to try and take more games by the scruff of the neck and I think at the moment that's where he is lacking most.

Sounds encouraging, mate! Hope he can continue that form in to the season because if he can keep his performance at his top level over a whole season he'll be the difference for us.

I only saw his first two games, thought he was poor against Italy and superb against Ireland. Great to hear if he carried on his Ireland form throughout the tournament.

Wales defended well, even so, Kev got passes away to players in space that delivered crosses that Belgium should have put away. Lukaku and Fellani were so wasteful. A pass to Hazzard that he should have put away too.
I agree KDB can't be blamed for Belgium's exit. Apart from failing to stop William's header on the post, he was at the heart of many of Belgium's best moves. Lukaku and Fellani both had easy header's to score. Belgium should have been given a penalty and Wales were lucky with several other refereeing decisions.

Was easily Belgium's best attacking player tonight. Was the only one of them who went looking for the ball and made things happen.

Still sort of glad he's out of the tournament if i'm honest. Two weeks rest for him and then let the future begin.

This thread title is extremely annoying. It does not matter that City fans might be praising KDB in their comments.....it is still under the title of KDB consistency which will always put a negative and a question mark against his performances.

I think this is very unfair on the player. Why not start every player thread the same..all future comments about Aguero for example should be under the title....Aguero consistency.

I would ask the moderators to consider changing this thread title to just KDB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.