Kevin Keegan

I loved the Keegan years - he was so emotional and open ... more like a fan than a manager. And the football was all-out attack and full of goals.

In the end, maybe he was a little *too* emotional to be a truly great manager ?

The Keegan promotion season was the first time I had ever woken up every match day with complete confidence we were going to win.

We usually did, too.

Top guy keegan, on way home from Charlton away first game of the season won 3.0 stopped at services stood in queue to pay for fuel and he's stood in front of me had a good chat until a coach comes in loads of kids come in after he's spotted he stood there for a good while talking and having pictures until the coach had to leave, top guy and loved to play attacking football, loved having him here as manager great memories.

Bumped into him in Hale a few years after he retired and chatted to my two young lads. He departed with a quiet ”blue moon”. I think City hold a large place in his heart.

Does he still live in the area?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.