Kids in block 110??

I cannot believe i've read a thread about someone basically complaining re boisterousness at a football ground. You know the score before you set foot in the place.

What next, f'king ear defenders so the poor cherubs don't have to listen to the nasty words and the singing doesn't damage their ever so delicate persona?

This country truly has now gone to hell in a handcart. No doubt there will be a campaign for a 'soundproof/non-alcoholic/non-standing/non-enjoying yourself' section soon. Peter Fletcher would love that.

Of course kids should be allowed into that section. The person in question had no right to say that to you or to your lad. If you do take a kid into that section though you should expect to have to stand on your seat, sing all game and be surrounded by people swearing and hurling abuse at the away fans. If you are happy for your kid to experience that then that's up to you, put if not then head for the family stand.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 am --<br /><br />Of course kids should be allowed into that section. The person in question had no right to say that to you or to your lad. If you do take a kid into that section though you should expect to have to stand on your seat, sing all game and be surrounded by people swearing and hurling abuse at the away fans. If you are happy for your kid to experience that then that's up to you, put if not then head for the family stand.

1_barry_conlon said:
I cannot believe i've read a thread about someone basically complaining re boisterousness at a football ground. You know the score before you set foot in the place.

What next, f'king ear defenders so the poor cherubs don't have to listen to the nasty words and the singing doesn't damage their ever so delicate persona?

This country truly has now gone to hell in a handcart. No doubt there will be a campaign for a 'soundproof/non-alcoholic/non-standing/non-enjoying yourself' section soon. Peter Fletcher would love that.
It doesn't appear you have read judging by your post.

SWP's back said:
1_barry_conlon said:

The thread is going on about being boisterous in a boisterous part of the ground. I take it you haven't read it then?

Or are you gonna get on your moral high horse again re people drinking/smoking/taking drugs pre or post game?

1barryconlon.

The whole point is the OP wasnt moaning or annoyed with TFS he just wanted some friendly advice for the next time hes thinking of taking his lad.

But maybe he should of accepted his handshake but its heat of the moment stuff because i would be mad if i had a son and he got bumped into (even if it was an accident)

But TFS shouldnt have sworn at him either while he had his lad with him.

1_barry_conlon said:
SWP's back said:

The thread is going on about being boisterous in a boisterous part of the ground. I take it you haven't read it then?

Or are you gonna get on your moral high horse again re people drinking/smoking/taking drugs pre or post game?
I don't have a problem with people doing any of the above, they can all be enjoyable rewarding experiences if done correctly. Plus smokers look cool!!

But the point of the OP was for friendly advice as has been stated many times hence me asking if you had read it? Are you now going to threaten me with violence again? ;-)

Stillsy said:
1barryconlon.

The whole point is the OP wasnt moaning or annoyed with TFS he just wanted some friendly advice for the next time hes thinking of taking his lad.

But maybe he should of accepted his handshake but its heat of the moment stuff because i would be mad if i had a son and he got bumped into (even if it was an accident)

I appreciate what you say mate but surely you would know the score before you venture in that part of the ground? Taking into consideration the opposition involoved and the magnitude of the game it was always going to get a bit 'lively' sometime during the proceedings, especially if we scored.

If you're going to be unsure then the safe bet surely is the family stand and not a part of the ground where sometimes you know it's a bit 'anarchic?'

1_barry_conlon said:
Stillsy said:
1barryconlon.

I appreciate what you say mate but surely you would know the score before you venture in that part of the ground? Taking into consideration the opposition involoved and the magnitude of the game it was always going to get a bit 'lively' sometime during the proceedings, especially if we scored.

If you're going to be unsure then the safe bet surely is the family stand and not a part of the ground where sometimes you know it's a bit 'anarchic?'

yeah i understand mate.

looks like some people took this thread asif the OP was demanding an appology but he wasnt he was asking for some advice :)

SWP's back said:
1_barry_conlon said:

I don't have a problem with people doing any of the above, they can all be enjoyable rewarding experiences if done correctly. Plus smokers look cool!!

But the point of the OP was for friendly advice as has been stated many times hence me asking if you had read it? Are you now going to threaten me with violence again? ;-)

Don't flatter yourself...i'd just take your car like everyone else does!!! :)

1_barry_conlon said:
Stillsy said:
1barryconlon.

I think you are probably right and you have now given advice that the op was looking for. Your first post above however wasn't as helpful as mis-interpreted what the thread was about.

I have two nephews about that age. One would love it there, the other would hate it. It depends on the kid really.

TFS is a good lad though swearing at the dad is always risky, luckily no harm done.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:44 am --<br /><br />
1_barry_conlon said:
SWP's back said:

Don't flatter yourself...i'd just take your car like everyone else does!!! :)
Ha cheers though it's gone now anyway, didn't wanna be a target anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.