Kiev home ticket sales

I'd agree that those taking pictures of themselves etc are complete bellends. It was particularly prominent at the Barcelona game last season. I'd like to distance myself from those with my earlier comments. Quite saddening so many seem to be desperate to prove they were there with a picture rather than just have the memory of actually being there. I'll remember that game for a long time, I don't need a picture to prove it happened.

I go because City are local, and I like them. Club are going good thing in the area in which I live and almost every fan I've chatted with/sat next to are sound, decent people (so far!)

I go to every game that's affordable and I can get to. So yeah, I was there against 'lowly' opposition in the cups, I was there on Saturday v Villa, and I'll be at every home game between now and the end of the season if I can make it, be it Real Madrid or Rotherham... Just like every season since I moved to Manchester. I never had any affinity to City before moving here to be honest, just another team in the Premier League. Spending almost every Saturday at the Etihad or CFA now though, they've certainly developed a place in my heart, and whilst not bouncing around the South Stand or starting chants, whatever, I'll always be wanting them to win.

I'd imagine there's great many in a similar situation.

Colour me "plastic" or "day tripper"... colour me "fan"... Really couldn't give a bollocks. Having grown up supporting another side who will never each the Champions League, nights like Kiev feel special and something of interest to witness, and I haven't even been through the tumultuous times a life long City fan of my age (early 30's) will have done.

You're a fan & a supporter - you go when you can & that's fine. In my time I have bumped into many people on my travels on holiday or those who have seen the City scarf draped along the parcel shelf in my car. Some of these folk say they also support City but can't go for various reasons (some live too far away). However there is an immediate affinity & friendship as we blether about certain games.

As far as I'm concerned these people are City fans even if on the only occasion they have ever been, they took a selfie. All welcome to The Etihad

I'll be disappointed that the ground won't be atmospheric or full on Tuesday night by the looks of it, It's a shame that some have a negative mindset regard prices, other fans and the competition, or indeed the current direction the club is going in, on and off the field. I expect the 'newbies', 'tourists',' day trippers' etc. will have an enjoyable night (hopefully..!), whilst sat in a 'regular fans' seat, and will be cheering City into the next round, and the last eight of the competition, accompanied of course by some regulars.
But how many fans will be scrabbling around for tickets for the semi's or final should that materialise..?, how many fans will be bemoaning the fact that they don't have enough loyalty points to purchase the said tickets...?
It's funny how cost, loyalty points, day trippers, bla, bla, bla, is suddenly forgotten when needs must. I don't understand the mentality..?!
After nearly forty years a season ticket holder, I will die a happy man, my club has been turned on it's head by its current owners, in every fathomable way, all for the good, the ground, facilities, infrastructure, squad, team, manager, trophies, future growth and security.
What is there not to get excited, or dare I say it, passionate about, reading some of our posts makes me want to wobble every buggers head, either come and have a shout for the team, or let the newbies get on with cultivating their knowledge and passion for my great club, without criticism, we all went to out first game don't forget, look up the definition of fan or supporter...!

That's what I've been trying to say - thank you for an excellent summary!!!

Looking forward to this game and to say the tie is already over is a big underestimation of Kiev who will be stronger after playing a couple of games since their winter break.

A chance to get to the quarter finals of the European cup, if we did it would be a good achievement and we could go on to draw Wolfsburg or Benfica and that would certainly raise expectations.

The only negative when comparing champions league nights to other games is no alcohol in the ground..but i'll be in town for 5pm having my fair share, so i'm not that bothered for two hours in the stadium where the beer is usually shite anyway...regarding the day trippers, they're there because they got tickets and some regulars didn't. The tickets could be cheaper yes, but this is top level football in my opinion and the better we are in the competition the more our club will be seen as one of the best in Europe.

Travel and ticket for £100 is less than I will be spending for Norwich!
£120 with VAT! I think when it was first advertised the return train was meant to get in about 12.15 am but engineering works have pushed it back significantly so there's not much advantage in getting home at 3.00 am or so rather than staying overnight and getting cheaper fares both ways. Might consider it for future night games if it can get back not too long after midnight.

Thanks for the information Norbiton. I had a feeling I had read that people had to buy expensive match tickets!

To use your favourite expression - FO calling fans "plastics" it's insulting & you have no right to judge. Just shut up & watch the game at home. Or don't even watch it if you don't like CL
Jeez, never smarten up a chump

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.