Kinky at Sunday's Game

IrelandSuperman said:
Who's better, Kinky or Spanish Dave?

Another 'Who's better, Neymar or Iniesta?' question that makes no sense.

Kinky would have been the business in this team. He's the type of attacking player - primarily a dribbler - that we don't have.

Was watching a Kinky vid the other day and actually thought to myself that his return was long overdue. Can't wait to see him again!

Geo! Geo! Geo!

jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:
No contest; Merlin, by a street. Kinky was a great player, but maybe we look at him with rose coloured glasses. He was a diamond in a sea of shite at that time, that is true. It's telling that when he left us, he went on to Ajax (where he didn't shine), then on to Derby. If he was as earth shatteringly brilliant as we like to think he is, surely he'd have gone to one of Europe's big clubs. If Merlin was to leave us now (god forbid!), I think he'd be destined for the likes of Barca, Real or Bayern. It'll be great though (for those of you lucky enough to have a ticket!) to see the little fella in the flesh next week.

Ajax were one of Europe's big clubs at that time.

If he were in the PL today everyone would be raving about him. He was born 15-20 years too late.

ElanJo said:
jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:
No contest; Merlin, by a street. Kinky was a great player, but maybe we look at him with rose coloured glasses. He was a diamond in a sea of shite at that time, that is true. It's telling that when he left us, he went on to Ajax (where he didn't shine), then on to Derby. If he was as earth shatteringly brilliant as we like to think he is, surely he'd have gone to one of Europe's big clubs. If Merlin was to leave us now (god forbid!), I think he'd be destined for the likes of Barca, Real or Bayern. It'll be great though (for those of you lucky enough to have a ticket!) to see the little fella in the flesh next week.

If he were in the PL today everyone would be raving about him. He was born 15-20 years too late.

Agreed. Liverpool and Arsenal were both after him and Ajax were a big team at the time. I think they played him as a left midfielder instead of the main man and his impact was lost. Make no mistake, Kinkladze was class

ElanJo said:
jimharri said:
IrelandSuperman said:

He would've been kicked off the park in the late 70s...

brass neck said:
I hate all this "kinky was a nugget in a sea of shit" thing....yes city were poor, but that doesn't make kinkys skills any less likely impressive. Kinky at full flow was unplayable. He was two seconds in front of anyone. I regret that when we gave up being a force in British football, kinky stayed with us. I wish he had gone to Keegans Newcastle where he would of had 60k fan singing his name because to this day I can say I've seen 2 players do what Kinky could do (cos I wasn't lucky enough to see Best and Pele. Maradonna and Kinky could do that and the nearest to it in recent years is Messi.

Agreed.......he should have left us a season earlier and gone on to bigger things

Oxford and Southend away will stay with me forever when the home fans clapped him off the pitch. I love David silva he and Ya ya are probably the best I have ever seen in a city shirt but kinky could run with the ball like only the best could

Still my favorite ever city player, I love Silva, aguero, yaya but that little fella is still my number 1....magic happened almost every time he touched the ball. I don't think he'll ever be beaten to my number 1 until we sign messi this summer ;p

colin's bell helmet said:
Still my favorite ever city player, I love Silva, aguero, yaya but that little fella is still my number 1....magic happened almost every time he touched the ball. I don't think he'll ever be beaten to my number 1 until we sign messi this summer ;p

Pity he was too lazy and uninterested to go get it most of the time.

People should go ask one of his team mates what they thought of him - yet to hear one say anything other than he could hardly be arsed on or of the pitch. He got loads of stick from where I was in the Kippax - can't see me being in the middle of the only 20 people who were pissed off with him most of the time?

He'd never get in this squad with the attitude he had.

Blue tinted specs again.

goatersnipple said:
Kinky was and still is my hero.
my daughters middle name is Georgia.
However much we loved him he gave it back.
but....... daves better. Hard to compare cos geo stood out in a shite team but dave stands out in a top team

-- Sun May 04, 2014 5:43 pm --

Kinky was and still is my hero.
my daughters middle name is Georgia.
However much we loved him he gave it back.
but....... daves better. Hard to compare cos geo stood out in a shite team but dave stands out in a top team

My daughter is called Georgia in honour of the little genius (Colin would have been a bit much for a girl).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.