Kinky or Robhino

supercity36 said:
Cheesy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
he was a bit part player at Madrid

131 appearances in 3 seasons. 35 goals. Hardly 'bit-part' is it?

kinky=106 appearances 20 goals in the crappest city team going

Yes, I'm not sure what you're getting at here though :-S

Unless you're trying to prove BB wrong by implying that Kinky was a 'bit-part' player for us ;-)

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Cheesy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Real Madrid are not in the habit of letting their best players leave. There is a reason he is at Manchester City Football Club.

So, was he a bit-part player for them?

supercity36 said:
Cheesy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

kinky=106 appearances 20 goals in the crappest city team going

Thats official too- the team that took us into the third tier of English football. Look at Robbies performances against the top teams in the land, he went missing.

Kinkladze stepped up when we needed him in 96 and came very close to dragging us out of the relegation zone, his performances Vs Newcastle, his goal Vs Southampton, his run for the penalty vs Liverpool etc etc

I know football is all about opinions, but frankly I'm astonished how anyone can say that they think Kinky (as much a City legend that he is) is a better footballer than Robinho :-O

Kinkladze for me by far, the most exiting player we have had in my time of watching,
I just dont get the same sense af anticipation when Robinho gets the ball.

Robinho is better - that bit is obvious
Robinho will also score a ton more goals for us and provide more assists

Cheesy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Cheesy said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Real Madrid are not in the habit of letting their best players leave. There is a reason he is at Manchester City Football Club.

So, was he a bit-part player for them?

Appearances are not 'starts' my man.

Robinho might be a better player but he just doesn't thrill people like Kinky did.

Every time Kinky got the ball you could feel the anticipation around the stadium.

On that video of him you can see the duffers he was playing with. There's one moment where he does brilliantly and lays it on a plate for a team-mate who misses a sitter. We really were shite and maybe that helped him stand out but he was a better player than some make him out to be.

Robbie is playing in a vastly different club and team. He scores more goals but he is guilty of going missing on a regular basis. Not that Kinky didn't disappear at times either.

I don't think it is fair to compare when they played under such different circumstances. I'd love Kinky at his prime in our team now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.