KKs gems

MCFC BOB said:
I forgot. I thought Reyna was a Pearce signing.

Bosvelt was a bad signing, Macken was a good one.

Reyna was one of the last arrivals during that transfer window. Sibierski, anyone?

I disagree that Bosvelt was a bad signing. It took him a few Matches to get used to the pace of Premiership Football but I thought he was reliable enough overall to avoid being branded a bad signing. Nothing spectacular - but you need steady players.

Macken was awful. Perhaps he held the ball up?

MCFC BOB said:
David Seaman, David James, Michael Tarnat, Nicolas Anelka, Jon Macken, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovic, Niclas Jensen, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stuart Pearce, Peter Schmeichel, Marc-Vivien Foé, Paul Bosvelt.

Sort out the good from the bad. Looking at this list it appears he favoured experienced players.

GOOD: Jensen, Foe, Bosvelt (did well season after) Berkovic, Bernabia, Reyna, Anelka

schtipps said:
come on guys, lets not forget Sun Jihai

Zabaleta is a hard working right back but even his workrate falls in to insignificance when compared to Sun Jihai! He had his faults as a player - but he never failed to put a shift in on the pitch.

Alright guys, first post...

Reyna was defo a Keegan signing, we got him the same weekend as McManaman, only remember because the headline that weekend in the paper was 'Hey Macca-Reyna'.

milk said:
Alright guys, first post...

Reyna was defo a Keegan signing, we got him the same weekend as McManaman, only remember because the headline that weekend in the paper was 'Hey Macca-Reyna'.

Hello. I'm new too.

I remember having a Pint with my Mate when the season started - and we both agreed McManaman was a solid signing and Reyna was a bit hmmm...

Claudio the Crab over McPointalot anyday.

Will never forget Mcmanamans debut we won 4-1 against Villa at home. He pointed alot and had some great runs and passes and everyone thought he would be class. Turns out we were wrong and only played like 30 more times.

peoffrey said:
MCFC BOB said:
David Seaman, David James, Michael Tarnat, Nicolas Anelka, Jon Macken, Ali Bernabia, Eyal Berkovic, Niclas Jensen, Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Stuart Pearce, Peter Schmeichel, Marc-Vivien Foé, Paul Bosvelt.

Sort out the good from the bad. Looking at this list it appears he favoured experienced players.

Good: Seaman, James, Tarnat, Anelka, Bernabia, Berkovic, Jensen, Pearce, Schmeichel, Foe and Bosvelt

Bad: Macken, Fowler, McManaman.

You missed out Claudio Reyna. He was good.
A lot of the good players I'd put in the average bracket.

Bernabia was my favourite signing, but it happened a bit by chance....he'd travelled with England to Sunderland but it didn't work out so he talked to City

Hughesey212 said:
Will never forget Mcmanamans debut we won 4-1 against Villa at home. He pointed alot and had some great runs and passes and everyone thought he would be class. Turns out we were wrong and only played like 30 more times.

Anelka hatrick and a stunning Tarnat free kick? I remember it well. New Stadium and optimism all around... How long did that last?!

Shay Given's debut is my favorite in recent times. We should've lost 4-1 to Middlesbrough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.