Known Issues - New Forum

Ad's are slowing it down again and i keep having to recover pages
I have put adblock back on and it's perfect,i want to leave it off so can someone tell me whats going wrong please,ta

Ad's are slowing it down again and i keep having to recover pages
I have put adblock back on and it's perfect,i want to leave it off so can someone tell me whats going wrong please,ta

In that case a rogue ad is slowing down the loading of the site. When you load the page, the actual Bluemoon content comes from the servers managed by me and Ric which is why it's like shit off a shovel. Unfortunately the ads are loaded from the ad companies servers and we can't optimise them as we don't control their servers.

Essentially we give them a box and say they can load any advertisement that they want inside of that box. So first you load our page from us and then your browser will load whatever is inside that box from the ad company.

Just a quick note to say thanks for the new site.
Some of the new features are great. Really like the 'alerts'. Always had to crawl back through loads of posts to see how many people had called me a Rag after posting previously. Now I can quickly see how disliked my posts are :)

Cheers guys.

Is there anything i can do with my computer? Being slow is not so much the problem for me but it's the recovering pages for about 20 mins in the morning's before it starts to run better that's frustrating me the most

Is there anything i can do with my computer? Being slow is not so much the problem for me but it's the recovering pages for about 20 mins in the morning's before it starts to run better that's frustrating me the most

What browser do you use?

Internet Explorer
I have Chrome but i've never tried it

I use Chrome, you may well find it faster than IE and more reliable as it uses its own version of Flash (which is the thing that I presume is crashing on your browser)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.