Kodi (Bluemoon Build)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just after a little advice. I currently have a firestick with the bluemoon build loaded but most of the football streams suffer from really bad buffering. So rather than using the wifi I'm thinking of buying a box with an Ethernet connection to see if that helps. I recall some posts a while back recommending various boxes (I haven't got a huge budget and not after an all singing and dancing piece of kit) and was wondering if the Amazon fire TV 4K with Ultra HD was a decent box to have.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Well public streams can stutter due to outside influences and not you so hold up before spending cash. You can test my network if you like and see if it really is you or the streams which are at fault if you wish.

Any advice on these VPN's ie which one to buy ? what sort of price will i be paying ??. Dont really know the crack with them just seen them mentioned a bit on this thread.
I have just bought a openbox v9s is it worthwhile getting a vpn ??
Nordvpn have an offer on at the moment, $72 for 2 years, works out about £2.40 a month, bargain.

Well public streams can stutter due to outside influences and not you so hold up before spending cash. You can test my network if you like and see if it really is you or the streams which are at fault if you wish.
Thanks @TCIB unfortunately I'm not that tech savvy!! would you be able guide me through the testing process?

Is a VPN strictly necessary? I mean, I know it's obviously illegal to stream copyrighted content, but is it also illegal to receive it?

Let's take this discussion away from football for one moment, to better illustrate my point. Suppose there's a canoeing event going on and the canoe club have done a deal with a local photographer that he has the rights to video the event and stream the video to some club members. And suppose a load of photographers turn up and they all video the event as well "for their own personal use" and the club is OK with this.

Unbeknown to the club, one of these other photographers (not the licensed one) decides to stream the content on the web via a server in his van, and 1,000 people tune in and watch.

How are these viewers to know that the content is illegal? Are they to write to the canoe club before watching? And get a reply after the event is over? Are they to try to contact the streamer to check with him whether the content is legal or not. And what if he lies? Are you supposed to do this every time you watch ANY video on the web? What about stuff on Youtube? Should you not watch it before checking if it's a copyright infringement or not?

My point is surely it is not reasonable to ask *viewers* to determine whether what they are watching is an infringement of copyright? Surely it's only the responsibility of those sending the video?

Is a VPN strictly necessary? I mean, I know it's obviously illegal to stream copyrighted content, but is it also illegal to receive it?

Let's take this discussion away from football for one moment, to better illustrate my point. Suppose there's a canoeing event going on and the canoe club have done a deal with a local photographer that he has the rights to video the event and stream the video to some club members. And suppose a load of photographers turn up and they all video the event as well "for their own personal use" and the club is OK with this.

Unbeknown to the club, one of these other photographers (not the licensed one) decides to stream the content on the web via a server in his van, and 1,000 people tune in and watch.

How are these viewers to know that the content is illegal? Are they to write to the canoe club before watching? And get a reply after the event is over? Are they to try to contact the streamer to check with him whether the content is legal or not. And what if he lies? Are you supposed to do this every time you watch ANY video on the web? What about stuff on Youtube? Should you not watch it before checking if it's a copyright infringement or not?

My point is surely it is not reasonable to ask *viewers* to determine whether what they are watching is an infringement of copyright? Surely it's only the responsibility of those sending the video?
I only recommend to bother using a VPN if you are using a p2p stream mate; you are uploading while downloading with a p2p based stream which makes it slightly more risky
Just after a little advice. I currently have a firestick with the bluemoon build loaded but most of the football streams suffer from really bad buffering. So rather than using the wifi I'm thinking of buying a box with an Ethernet connection to see if that helps. I recall some posts a while back recommending various boxes (I haven't got a huge budget and not after an all singing and dancing piece of kit) and was wondering if the Amazon fire TV 4K with Ultra HD was a decent box to have.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated
Check your speed with the speedtest add-on under programs mate; tell us what results you are getting on the firestick :)

They are after the uploaders really, @aguerrrroooooooooooo is just being safe as he can be. There is no need for example on my network as i am the proxy, users connect to a private server with private ip and high bandwidth. Nobody else can see what is on the server and they use an old standard to connect (ftp) which is as normal as normal gets as far as any measures go looking for suspicious network activity i.e. lots of tcp connections due to being in a torrent swarm.

On public stuff you do run the risk of receiving a copyright notice though with a small chance of legal action, that is a risk enough for many to get a vpn or use private services.

On a side note, stand up comedy folder will fill up a bit soon, HAGGIS have ripped this years xmas stand up dvd's.

I only recommend to bother using a VPN if you are using a p2p stream mate; you are uploading while downloading with a p2p based stream which makes it slightly more risky

Check your speed with the speedtest add-on under programs mate; tell us what results you are getting on the firestick :)

Cheers @aguerrrroooooooooooo will do when I get back home later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.