Kolarov and Nastasic

the club shouldnt allow any shirts that have a political slogan, poor judgement from both players i think.

They still, no matter what should not have even contemplated wearing them.

It was City's day. The teams day. They should have carried their countries flag and left it at that. Pretty selfish IMO, and it also ruined all the team photos as they are the only ones not wearing City shirts.

Jesus some of these people must spend their whole lives scouring every single telivised event or news footage looking for something to be offended by,like an adult version of the school snitch.

Having said that i have wondered why when we win a trophy players have to run around with their national flag or similar.It isn't an international triumph it is a Manchester City one,i would be happy if the club knocked it on the head.

Thaksinssoldier said:
They still, no matter what should not have even contemplated wearing them.

It was City's day. The teams day. They should have carried their countries flag and left it at that. Pretty selfish IMO, and it also ruined all the team photos as they are the only ones not wearing City shirts.
Agree with that. Don't care what it says on the tshirts, they shouldn't have been wearing them in the first place. Imagine if the whole squad had the same attitude.

But it's clear that Dzeko didn't give a shit about it. And the suggestion that he would have felt too uncomfortable about saying anything is ridiculous. They're best friends ffs and if Edin thought they were being a pair of cunts he would have told them. He certainly wouldn't have been happily posing for photos with them.

What they did was wrong regardless of Dzeko's reaction. I always supported these players but what they did is offensive and hurtful. It baffles me and many others feel the same way.

BosnianDiamond said:
What they did was wrong regardless of Dzeko's reaction. I always supported these players but what they did is offensive and hurtful. It baffles me and many others feel the same way.
Oh well. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Dubai Blue said:
BosnianDiamond said:

To be fair mate he's the one who has lived through a genocide so he might be a tad more qualified to comment than you are.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Dubai Blue said:
BosnianDiamond said:

To be fair mate he's the one who has lived through a genocide so he might be a tad more qualified to comment than you are.
No doubt he is. But what do the people who wrote this letter want to actually happen?

They shouldn't have been wearing their own t-shirts full-stop, and they certainly shouldn't have been wearing ones that may potentially be construed in such a negative way. The idiocy of some footballers will never cease to amaze me.

But BD will get over it because, at the end of the day, it's just a stupid slogan on a stupid t-shirt; it's not going to keep him up at night in a blind rage.

Dubai Blue said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Dubai Blue said:

No doubt he is. But what do the people who wrote this letter want to actually happen?

They shouldn't have been wearing their own t-shirts full-stop, and they certainly shouldn't have been wearing ones that may potentially be construed in such a negative way. The idiocy of some footballers will never cease to amaze me.

But BD will get over it because, at the end of the day, it's just a stupid slogan on a stupid t-shirt; it's not going to keep him up at night in a blind rage.
I don't expect you to understand because you do not have the personal experience that many of us have in the war. I have gotten over worse things, but the point is that I don't want to deal with these mixed feelings on a day when I was celebrating the victory. I have no problem if they want to wear their national flag but these t-shirts showed that they are a bunch of idiots who clearly don't know, don't care, or worse, support what those slogans truly represented in the 1990s. Imean, they seemed to really take their time making the t-shirts so it wasn't like an accidental mistake.

I support the protest letter and hope that the Club takes action and sends a message that these actions will never be tolerated. As someone said, it is a team achievement and they should respect that! I bet next year we see a change in dress policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.