Kolarov = another wait for a good city leftback

Lets wait till next season until full judgement is passed on him. Remember when Vidic and Evra went to Manure, Mid season and they were piss poor. The following season they have been two of there best players. There are too many on here who want instant glory and every player has to be automatically a world beater. Time for a reality check for some fuckers

I was once in Georgia and I must tell, it is the shithole on earth. How can someone like living there is beyond me

gio's side step said:
citygal1 said:
I have no problem with him shooting. Hes got a cracking left foot on him. evra shoots, bale shoots whats the problem. if we are 1-0 down with two mins left and tevez and dzeko infront of him and he shoots im gonna be pissed off but he shoots when the space opens up for him. like i say, u dont shoot u dont score. simple.

This is silly. I never said, he should NEVER shoot, nor should we NEVER shoot as a team. Of course he should and we should. When it's on. There are many times Kolarov shoots, when its not on. And its a waste.

Resorting to 'u dont shoot u dont score' adds nothing to this discussion. So should someone shoot from 50 yards, because to shoot equals the possibiltiy of scoring?

not at all, im saying, seeing as we dont have an out and out left winger and kolorov has kinda took on that role when we go forward, that i have no problem with him shooting. He is fully intitled to shoot just like anyone else in the team.
And to be fair i wasnt answering your post now was i?

nashark said:
The OP has been foe'd due to his horrible lack of knowledge of football. You are in good company, my man. You join Madchester City, Andouble, Leewill31, Des Hardi, K.Reeves Right Foot, milestone and quite a few others on that list.

Btw, Kolarov was one of our best players yesterday.

Do you not think that because you are in such an overwhelming minority, you might know fuck all? Why is that Mourinho and Mancini were both fighting over signing him?

He should stick to rugby and theatre

gordondaviesmoustache said:
nashark said:
The OP has been foe'd due to his horrible lack of knowledge of football. You are in good company, my man. You join Madchester City, Andouble, Leewill31, Des Hardi, K.Reeves Right Foot, milestone and quite a few others on that list.

Btw, Kolarov was one of our best players yesterday.

Do you not think that because you are in such an overwhelming minority, you might know fuck all? Why is that Mourinho and Mancini were both fighting over signing him?

He should stick to rugby and theatre

Correct.

Both fullbacks performed much better yesterday,Kolarov especially so.I will not go as far as to say he is the answer to that position just yet,but current fitness aside,he appears to have decent credentials.

This team is currently going through 'growth' problems.The system is alien to many and the players are still getting used to each other,even Mancini is still working out his best team and formation imo.I've got a feeling one or two might also come in,especially given the rumoured outward loans and lack of depth in key areas.

As such,i think we have to allow the team time to settle and,in the meantime,hope we can keep a grip on 3rd place.

RyantheBlue said:
citygal1 said:
I have no problem with him shooting. Hes got a cracking left foot on him. evra shoots, bale shoots whats the problem. if we are 1-0 down with two mins left and tevez and dzeko infront of him and he shoots im gonna be pissed off but he shoots when the space opens up for him. like i say, u dont shoot u dont score. simple.

Evra doesn't shoot.
Bale's a left mid who consistently finds himself inside the box, he's very, very good at hitting the bottom corners.
The whole 'don't shoot, don't score' thing doesn't really wash, you can't just say that to defend poor shots.
You'd be happy with Hart shooting from goal-kicks, cus' he might score? Of course you wouldn't, you shoot from 35 yards when you're VERY confident you can hit the target, if Kolarov is still very confident he can then I'd suggest he needs a bit of a reality check, because he doesn't hit the target enough.
Don't get me wrong, as a team I don't think we shoot enough, but I'm not talking 35 yarders, more when Yaya's 18 yards out and tries an intricate pass etc.

evra does shoot. hes scored plenty of goals for the scum for a defender. He even takes free kicks sometimes.Teams that play narrow up top like us and chelsea have their full backs high up the pitch. they will have chances to score. that is where my theory of u dont shoot u dont score comes into it. how many times do we play pass after pass after pass and nothing comes of it. kolorov is obviously instructed to shoot becuase we know he can and he will score. yes one goal out of how many appearances (12) isnt great but he is in a new team and will learn when to shoot and when to pass. The guy is 23. Many teams have full backs who contribute to their goal tally. Ashley cole scores a few for chelsea. roberto carlos! Oh and bale was a left back before Arry moved him. Denis irwin used to crack a few aswell.

FantasyIreland said:
Both fullbacks performed much better yesterday,Kolarov especially so.I will not go as far as to say he is the answer to that position just yet,but current fitness aside,he appears to have decent credentials.

This team is currently going through 'growth' problems.The system is alien to many and the players are still getting used to each other,even Mancini is still working out his best team and formation imo.I've got a feeling one or two might also come in,especially given the rumoured outward loans and lack of depth in key areas.

As such,i think we have to allow the team time to settle and,in the meantime,hope we can keep a grip on 3rd place.

This is a fair assessment, although I would say that Kolarov has already proved that he is the man for that position. No question about it in my mind, he needs to get some others to do for the team (rather than themselves) at least half as much, and City will finally actually have a team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.