Kolarov = another wait for a good city leftback

for me kolarov started off very average at best however i worried very little as i know he is class and recently he has started playing much more like what i expect, keep up his form and ill be very happy! so many players have poor first seasons in the prem and people right them off and then the season after there top, people need to be abit more patience imo.

carlos84 said:
I think kolarov is class, puts in a mean cross and corner and gets up and down the left all game. Doesn't go missing in games and I dont even think he is 100% fit.Hurts me when fans don't get behind our players

I agree with the fitness comment. He reminds me of Barry last season whenever I watch him.

Rammy Blue said:
PaulPowre said:
Your missing the point his attacking is ok and he does cover a lot of ground but he was 2 feet away from Bent for the goal and his reactions were awful. when Bent hit the ball he was at least 3 yards away from him.

Fuck knows why I am entertaining replying to a blatant wum however Kolo was the man at fault for their goal, hopeless ball to Silva.

correct, it was an awful ball, i said at the time it was another stoke job, that cost us too.

i don't know why but i can see kolarob doing a gareth bale, starting at LB then in his career changing to a left winger.

when he defends he doesn't impress me, he's far far to attack minded to be a defender, get's caught out all the time personally i'd play him left wing and buy philip lahm as LB for what it's worth.

to be fair he can whip a class ball in, his corners and delivery at villa were stunning, his defending was dire.

Kolarov was not crap , he was our biggest threat on the left hand side and the biggest threat throughout the whole team til AJ came on. His delivery from set pieces was fantastic and he could have had himself a goal if there wasn't a deflection . It is fair to say he is better going forward than he is at defending but yesterday he hardly had any defending to do as we never needed to defend apart from once and unfortunately that was a tap in that we couldn't stop. Kolarov was in no way crap yesterday , it may have been one of his best games for the club in all honesty . He worries me when he gets one on one with the winger but he can do a much better job than a majority of left backs . He will come good , but like people have said he could do a Gareth Bale and go to left wing and could be a threat there , he has good pace , good delivery but I never see him beat a man and go past him . But he will always be a threat as he does have a bullet of a shot . He is a good left back and can only get better as he is still a very young player

I think Kolarov is a left winger being forced to play at left-back.

Managers think they can do this and it'll work, but it rarely does - even Bale struggles defensively.

We should have made more of his excellent corners. I don't think I have seen City get so many corners in a game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.