Kolarov played out of his skin tonight

This 'lacks mobility' crock of shite is humorous too. Look how quickly he gets forward when running off the ball. If only he worked harder/just as hard going backwards, Kolarov would be a brilliant player. He puts in and completes far more crosses than any other of our players, that in itself is a dangerous weapon. I like Kolarov, I hope we keep him. He didn't win Serbian Footballer of the Year for being crap.

Jumanji said:
Dani Alves CAN defend. He's kept Ronaldo quiet almost every time they've played.

Ummm no generally Barca having the ball for 70% of the game keeps Ronaldo quite. I would suggest that Kolorov is technically good enough to fit into Barca's team as they generally rarely have to defend. He's actually a very good player if you watch him on the ball and the only area I have concerns are his one on one's. But fuck, at the end of the day we should not be playing teams like Sporting fucking Lisbon and complaining about 1 mistake that cost us the match, these teams should be dispatched quite easily. Had we been playing Madrid/Barca, I would not start Kolarov, but he is really needed against these teams that park the bus and if you wanted a player at LB to defend, you may as well stick Lescott there.

Amazing left foot, if we are up against opposition without dangerous wingers he should play every match

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
This 'lacks mobility' crock of shite is humorous too. Look how quickly he gets forward when running off the ball. If only he worked harder/just as hard going backwards, Kolarov would be a brilliant player. He puts in and completes far more crosses than any other of our players, that in itself is a dangerous weapon. I like Kolarov, I hope we keep him. He didn't win Serbian Footballer of the Year for being crap.

Well put. I find it shocking that people don't give him credit where credit is due. He is the best dead ball striker we have (top 5 left footers in the planet in that category if you ask me), and is our best crosser without a doubt, and does anyone notice that our corners are 10x more dangerous when he takes them?. Does everyone here honestly think that Mancini puts him in and expects him to play world class defence? Don't get me wrong, I get that as a fullback he is supposed to play defence or at least pretend he can...but I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

I think its more of an indictment on the type of football that mancini has our fullbacks play than anything. He wants richards and kolarov or whoever to get forward, its a risk, but its the quality he decided he wants in this team. This was especially clear in this match where we needed to score, badly.

Bazzmand Show said:
Jumanji said:
Dani Alves CAN defend. He's kept Ronaldo quiet almost every time they've played.

Ummm no generally Barca having the ball for 70% of the game keeps Ronaldo quite.
That has nothing to do with Ronaldo attacking Alves, and the Brazilian ending up on top.

jerseyblue said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

Well put. I find it shocking that people don't give him credit where credit is due. He is the best dead ball striker we have (top 5 left footers in the planet in that category if you ask me), and is our best crosser without a doubt, and does anyone notice that our corners are 10x more dangerous when he takes them?. Does everyone here honestly think that Mancini puts him in and expects him to play world class defence? Don't get me wrong, I get that as a fullback he is supposed to play defence or at least pretend he can...but I'll take him on my team any day of the week.

I think its more of an indictment on the type of football that mancini has our fullbacks play than anything. He wants richards and kolarov or whoever to get forward, its a risk, but its the quality he decided he wants in this team. This was especially clear in this match where we needed to score, badly.

We could have worse. BRIDGE!

Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Jumanji said:

Ummm no generally Barca having the ball for 70% of the game keeps Ronaldo quite.
That has nothing to do with Ronaldo attacking Alves, and the Brazilian ending up on top.

Course it does. Ronaldo probably only gets two-three good moments vs Alves a game, if Real had 70% of the ball and Alves still shut Ronaldo out, then I'd say well done.

Bazzmand Show said:
Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:

Course it does. Ronaldo probably only gets two-three good moments vs Alves a game, if Real had 70% of the ball and Alves still shut Ronaldo out, then I'd say well done.
You really think Ronaldo only ran at Alves two or three times.

Alves shat on Ronaldo's tricks practically in almost every El Clasico I've seen.

Jumanji said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Jumanji said:

You really think Ronaldo only ran at Alves two or three times.

Alves shat on Ronaldo's tricks practically in almost every El Clasico I've seen.

Yes its true. Alves has CR's number

Kolarov was at fault for the 2nd goal. At least a major part of it. How does a 40 yard dead ball catch you flat footed :?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.