Kolarov

In truth our back 4 are looking pretty flipping solid. Let's keep it that way. Did Arsenal only concede 8 goals in a season a few years back? i know it was something crackers like that.

awest said:
In truth our back 4 are looking pretty flipping solid. Let's keep it that way. Did Arsenal only concede 8 goals in a season a few years back? i know it was something crackers like that.

Bloody hell that's going back a while! Think it was 90/91, think they let in 9 and only lost the one game (maybe Chelsea at home?). Was at the height of the 1-0 to the Arsenal phase, normally Alan Smith would score and that would be that!

that cross from near the halfway line to tevez in the first half was unbelievable

Once Kolarov is up to speed, I think we can look forward to:
1) a couple of piledrivers a season from outside the box (like Huddlestone)
2) the occasional direct freekick (like Baines for Everton / Garrido for us)
3) good whipped in delivery from freekicks near the touchline (like Pedersen for Blackburn)
4) an overall desire to get forward and support the attack (like Evra / Cole but without the pace)
5) a reasonably solid defender

1) 2) and 3) together should be worth an extra 3-4 goals a season
while 4) will also help create options in attack.

The value of that overlapping run that fullbacks make is often undervalued.
Even if he doesn't get the ball, he will often drag away a defender to leave Silva / Tevez / AJ etc with only one man to beat rather than two.

I am not sure that he will be the best left back in the league , but from what I saw from him so far , I am sure he will be better than Lescott and Bridge.

Scooby Blue said:
Once Kolarov is up to speed, I think we can look forward to:
1) a couple of piledrivers a season from outside the box (like Huddlestone)
2) the occasional direct freekick (like Baines for Everton / Garrido for us)
3) good whipped in delivery from freekicks near the touchline (like Pedersen for Blackburn)
4) an overall desire to get forward and support the attack (like Evra / Cole but without the pace)
5) a reasonably solid defender

1) 2) and 3) together should be worth an extra 3-4 goals a season
while 4) will also help create options in attack.

The value of that overlapping run that fullbacks make is often undervalued.
Even if he doesn't get the ball, he will often drag away a defender to leave Silva / Tevez / AJ etc with only one man to beat rather than two.

What's the catch?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.