Kolarov

Who knows; he might transform under Pellegrini.

On his day; he is still the best crosser in the team and the only one excellent at taking Free Kicks.....

As we don't have a pure/traditional Left Winger (like Navas on the right side), it makes sense to keep him as our left sided midfielders (Nasri, and hopefully Jovetic) will mostly drift inside and drag the defenders away, leaving space for Kolarov to position himself, ready for a cross.
For this to work, he needs to regain his pace!!!

If it works; then our team will have crossing threat from both flanks (Navas on the right side; Kolarov on the left side)....

You can't regain pace - never seen it happen. Was he ever quick?

Can be a decent left back for us though.

You don't have to be quick to be a good defender. English football fans are obsessed with pace. It's part of the defect in the psyche of the English game.

Technique is much much more important

Outlaw said:

On his day; he is still the best crosser in the team and the only one excellent at taking Free Kicks.....

As we don't have a pure/traditional Left Winger (like Navas on the right side), it makes sense to keep him as our left sided midfielders (Nasri, and hopefully Jovetic) will mostly drift inside and drag the defenders away, leaving space for Kolarov to position himself, ready for a cross.

If it works; then our team will have crossing threat from both flanks (Navas on the right side; Kolarov on the left side)....

Except he's a defender,allegedly.........

Besides,as poor as he also is,Sinclair would be the better wing option.

He need's to go,he's poor.

FantasyIreland said:
Outlaw said:

Except he's a defender,allegedly.........

Besides,as poor as he also is,Sinclair would be the better wing option.

He need's to go,he's poor.
Was poor at the end of the season. I was very disappointed with him. But he can play better. He's staying so let's give him a chance

Marvin said:

You don't have to be quick to be a good defender. English football fans are obsessed with pace. It's part of the defect in the psyche of the English game.

The pace remark, is from my thoughts of him last season. He was mostly slow and cautious in his attacking "runs". His attempts at finding space near the final third seemed far limited than before. He was frustrating when he did this (I guess Kolarov's caution is due to Mancini's instructions/tactics for ball possession + not to overly expose the team; when Kolarov is frequently attacking/running in advanced positions).

The previous seasons, I perceived him as more "mobile"!!; he would make frequent efforts at creating/finding space for himself to deliver a dangerous cross....This is the Kolarov that we need this season and onwards; his defensive capabilities are known, and we need, as a team, to compensate this by having proper defensive cover on his side, when he is making a run (like Milner covering for Glen Johnson in England team)....

Would be content with him being an option for left wing. Still think he'd make a better left winger than a left back. He's not got blistering pace as we all know but he is capable of stealing a yard and whipping in a ball and will pop up with a few screamers throughout the season. Also got the benefit of his freekicks. A better option than Sinclair in my opinion. Needs to improve on the consistency of his delivery though, it's either absolutely shocking (probably 80% of the time last season) or a truly brilliant ball, just learn to take some whip off them occasionally and put in a ball that doesn't go straight out of play.

Marvin said:

Yeah, but he doesn't have much of that either. ):<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 pm --<br /><br />
ninjamonkey said:
Would be content with him being an option for left wing. Still think he'd make a better left winger than a left back. He's not got blistering pace as we all know but he is capable of stealing a yard and whipping in a ball and will pop up with a few screamers throughout the season. Also got the benefit of his freekicks. A better option than Sinclair in my opinion. Needs to improve on the consistency of his delivery though, it's either absolutely shocking (probably 80% of the time last season) or a truly brilliant ball, just learn to take some whip off them occasionally and put in a ball that doesn't go straight out of play.
No, he is not better than Sinclair as a winger.

daxman said:
Marvin said:

Yeah, but he doesn't have much of that either. ):

-- Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:02 pm --

ninjamonkey said:
No, he is not better than Sinclair as a winger.

Never said he's a better winger, just think he's a better option there for our team pretty much purely on his crossing ability. Kolarov isn't capable of taking on a man after his "ronaldo chop" is figured out so i'm not claiming him to be a legitimate winger i just think he could do a job there as an impact sub against a parked bus to whip in a few balls for Dzeko/Negredo/whoever may come in when our usual style isn't working.

Sinclair is a better out and out winger yes, but he's not good enough to start for us as a winger and i can't see how he'd make an impact coming off the bench, ( a reason as to why i felt Mancini never bothered to bring him on when we wasn't winning last year) He doesn't have the trickery Adam Johnson had to be able to take on a man or win a penalty, actually, i'm still yet to see Sinclair even run at a defender yet nevermind take somebody on, and his crossing ability isn't anything special and certainly not better than Kolarovs.

In a scenario where we need a goal in the last 10 minutes of a game i'd rather see Kolarov come on as a left winger and try to whip in some balls from wide than for Sinclair to come on and try and do either the same thing or to (assuming he can) have a run at the defender which Navas/Milner or whoever has probably already done during the game.

positives v negatives......best crosser of the ball at the club,best free kick taker at the club,physically strong and backs his team mates to the full.

negs..... poor defensive positioning,suffers from rotation and confidence!!

must have something as all the italian clubs rave about him.

if hes staying lets support him even after his spat with fans at the last game,remember we all get frustrated at times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.