Kolarov

It is not a key position and he is back up to Clichy. For some reason he has become this clubs whipping boy.

Cant see why we would replace him makes little sense to replace a back up left back with a back up left back unless we was bringing through an academy player

Juve have now cooled their interest and are expected to sign Juan Zúñiga the Columbian defender who plays for Napoli in the next 48 hrs.

Source: Tuttosport
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.kiosko.net/it/np/tuttosport.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.kiosko.net/it/np/tuttosport.html</a>

dctid said:
It is not a key position and he is back up to Clichy. For some reason he has become this clubs whipping boy.

Cant see why we would replace him makes little sense to replace a back up left back with a back up left back unless we was bringing through an academy player

I think a new manager will do him good as i dont think he ever really got on with Bobby..

I have never understood all the stick he gets on here, sure he is a very poor defender but the good parts of his game more than make up for it...

He can cross a fantastic ball and has scored some of the best free kicks i have ever seen at City..

Never understood the stick?

How about him being paid 90k? A week and his primary position is LB yet he can't defend.

I can't understand why we don't bring in someone who is similar to Clichy because when he is rested and Kolarov plays the whole team has to change just to suit him so he can actually be effective and useful.

dctid said:

the reason why he gets so much stick is because his defending is woeful time and time again. His poitioning, especially when defending a cross coming in from the opposite side is exceptionally poor and something other teams target.

His attacking play is ok; but nothing special and this also causes a problem as he cannt recover when we do lose possession due to his lack of pace; thus leaving huge gaps for the opposition to exploit.......

We need to look for a young upcoming fullback who is willing to play second fiddle for clichy who we can nurture and bring on slowly..cheaper and a safer alternative to kolorov

simon23 said:
dctid said:

Can't see why we would replace him makes little sense to replace a back up left back with a back up left back unless we was bringing through an academy player

the reason why he gets so much stick is because his defending is woeful time and time again. His poitioning, especially when defending a cross coming in from the opposite side is exceptionally poor and something other teams target.

His attacking play is ok; but nothing special and this also causes a problem as he cannt recover when we do lose possession due to his lack of pace; thus leaving huge gaps for the opposition to exploit.......

We need to look for a young upcoming fullback who is willing to play second fiddle for clichy who we can nurture and bring on slowly..cheaper and a safer alternative to kolorov

And he is that bad as a defender he has been part of a defensive unit that has conceded the fewest goal for the last two EPL seasons.

Not suggesting for one minute that if a decent offer comes in we should not consider but there is fuck all wrong wth our defense and whilst we should always look to improve the signing of the best fucking left back in the world wont help us win the title.

No matter how many people slate him would rather keep unless we are gong to bring an academy or young left back to the club but that is a risk especially if Clichy get a serious injury

Whatever he earns is not his fault and whatever he is paid is not his fault. As long as he is doing his best and i see no evidence to indicate otherwise then maybe he aint good enough.

As left backs go he is better than some of the one we have had recently

I still maintain that on his debut against the Spuds I saw him outpace Aaron Lennon, then Dawson injured him and he has been slow ever since, I think it was his right ankle. Can an ankle injury take away from a players pace or is that more of a knee thing ?

Personally I'd try him as a defensive mid see how that goes.

But come the new season I think all our players should get a clean slate.

citysince88 said:
I still maintain that on his debut against the Spuds I saw him outpace Aaron Lennon, then Dawson injured him and he has been slow ever since, I think it was his right ankle. Can an ankle injury take away from a players pace or is that more of a knee thing ?

Personally I'd try him as a defensive mid see how that goes.But come the new season I think all our players should get a clean slate.
It is painful watching him amble around the pitch as the game completely passes him by.

I don't know what scares me more; the thought of Kolarov playing in the middle or you for even thinking such thoughts.

Martin* said:
citysince88 said:

Personally I'd try him as a defensive mid see how that goes.But come the new season I think all our players should get a clean slate.
It is painful watching him amble around the pitch as the game completely passes him by.

I don't know what scares me more; the thought of Kolarov playing in the middle or you for even thinking such thoughts.

Can't be any worse than Garcia ! plus what do we have to lose from trying eh !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.