Kolarov

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Chippy_boy said:
I'll give you the £1,800 in my savings if you go for trials at City and manage to take Kolarov's place in the team.

He's played some poor games for us and played some good games for us but as a player he is far from shit.

Lets not split hairs on the definition of shit. Plain "not good enough" will do.

Never has been, never will be. Yes, he has a useful left foot and can cross a bit. That does not mean he is good enough to play for a title-challenging side. He wouldn't get near the rags' squad. Nor Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs' for that matter.

Fair enough but he is mainly a back up defender now, me. Let me know if you actually think Butner, Monreal and Bertrand are that much better.

Fair comment. But begs the question why on earth we were playing him today when Clichy was available.

I think they single him out because a far bette first choice left sided player was left out of such an important fixture. I bet you would be heard pressed to find another coach in the world who would've made that choice today. To make things worse his only asset that left peg was shit today. That decision to abandon our stable 4 along the back in favour of the unworkable 3 has probably taken a lot of fans off the fence and have now had enough.

Chippy_boy said:
Chippy_boy said:
Lets not split hairs on the definition of shit. Plain "not good enough" will do.

Never has been, never will be. Yes, he has a useful left foot and can cross a bit. That does not mean he is good enough to play for a title-challenging side. He wouldn't get near the rags' squad. Nor Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs' for that matter.

Fair enough but he is mainly a back up defender now, me. Let me know if you actually think Butner, Monreal and Bertrand are that much better.

Fair comment. But begs the question why on earth we were playing him today when Clichy was available.

That is a mystery, at first I thought maybe he's gone 3-5-2 and prefers Kolarovs crossing to Clichy's but then the way we set up it didn't look like that at all.

i don't like to see Kolarov on the team sheet and today reinforced that view

Clichy all day long, every day

He's been mostly shit since he's been here, apart from the odd quality free kick here and there. Hope we sell him at the end of the season.

Chippy_boy said:
Chippy_boy said:

That decision cost us more than anything else out there today IMO - there's a time and place to play Kolorov and Goodison Park when desperate for 3 points is not it.
I think there's a place in the squad for him, but Clichy, if fit should be starting the vast majority of games.
Mancini made a few errors unfortunately today - that one was the biggest for me.

Pablo1 said:
Chippy_boy said:

That decision cost us more than anything else out there today IMO - there's a time and place to play Kolorov and Goodison Park when desperate for 3 points is not it.
I think there's a place in the squad for him, but Clichy, if fit should be starting the vast majority of games.
Mancini made a few errors unfortunately today - that one was the biggest for me.

I wouldn't say not playing Clichy is what cost us, the goal didn't come from the left we would have been beat 2-0 if Clichy and let's sick Yaya in there as well had they both played.

We played poor, not the worse we've played but we didn't test their reserve keeper enough as we should but in all honesty it's something I've come to expect against Everton now! 9 defeats in last 12 games! Appalling form!!

Pablo1 said:
Chippy_boy said:

I wouldn't say not playing Clichy is what cost us, the goal didn't come from the left we would have been beat 2-0 if Clichy and let's sick Yaya in there as well had they both played.

We played poor, not the worse we've played but we didn't test their reserve keeper enough as we should but in all honesty it's something I've come to expect against Everton now! 9 defeats in last 12 games! Appalling form!!
The goal did come from the left, watch it again!!! Kolarov was defending like he usually does, awful. You might like Kolarov but he was RUBBSIH today, accept it and stop making excuses for him.

nehe11 said:
Pablo1 said:

The goal did come from the left, watch it again!!! Kolarov was defending like he usually does, awful. You might like Kolarov but he was RUBBSIH today, accept it and stop making excuses for him.

I don't like Kolarov, I agree he was poor, what I originally was getting at was people implying that he's a shit player when he clearly isn't!

From what I remember of the goal was it was headed away after a cross Osman picked it up in the centre whilst everyone just backed away and let him have a pot shot.

nehe11 said:

I don't like Kolarov, I agree he was poor, what I originally was getting at was people implying that he's a shit player when he clearly isn't!

From what I remember of the goal was it was headed away after a cross Osman picked it up in the centre whilst everyone just backed away and let him have a pot shot.
He was backing off all the way into the penalty area and Evertons rightback just laid it off to Osman who scored, Kolarov was all over the place today. For 16-18mill whatever he costs he should be performing alot better imo. I don´t think he´s "shit" but I do think he´s poor and lazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.