Kolarov

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Kun Aguero said:
But what has a £60,000 Séamus Coleman achieved in his career compared to a £16M Alexander Kolarov?

Been a better player?

I can't judge as I don't watch Everton week in week out to comment on his performances.
he would be one out of 4 players i would have in my squad from everton, baines, osman and fellaini being the others... out would go kolarov, barry, maicon and sinclair(although i think he hasnt been given a chance to show the form he had at swansea)

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
What a pathetic comment.

Why is it pathetic?
Because Kolarov hardly contributing positively to those achievements is hardly something to brag about. The equivalent of Djimi Traore giving it large because he has a CL medal

He's won medals at Lazio I guess he didn't contribute to them either?

He's first team for his national side, been voted Serbian player of the year along side some great players.

Coleman barely features for Republic of Ireland.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Why is it pathetic?
Because Kolarov hardly contributing positively to those achievements is hardly something to brag about. The equivalent of Djimi Traore giving it large because he has a CL medal

He's first team for his national side, been voted Serbian player of the year along side some great players.

Yet Coleman played him off the park today.

Hasn't Zigic also won Serbian Player of the year and Krasic before he flopped at Juventus? What an achievement.

Paulmcfc2703 said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

Hasn't Zigic also won Serbian Player of the year and Krasic before he flopped at Juventus? What an achievement.

Yes Coleman did but he also played 9 other players off the park!

Look at the players who won the award and why they won it, it's not won on fluke it's won by playing at the top level in top form over a full season and not from putting in a good performance against us.

Price has nothing to do with anything, the fact Kolarov has always played at the top level isn't solely on luck there's a reason and that's because he's a top player like many other players who play for us but fail to perform, Dzeko and Nasri bring 2 great examples.

Kolarov put in some decent balls in the box today but no one was in right positions to get on the end of them. A team is consisted of 11 players and they were all terrible today, I would happily single out Kolarov if he was a bad player in a good bunch but he's not and he wasn't today either.

Paulmcfc2703 said:

Look at the players who won the award and why they won it, it's not won on fluke it's won by playing at the top level in top form over a full season and not from putting in a good performance against us.

Price has nothing to do with anything, the fact Kolarov has always played at the top level isn't solely on luck there's a reason and that's because he's a top player like many other players who play for us but fail to perform, Dzeko and Nasri bring 2 great examples.

Kolarov put in some decent balls in the box today but no one was in right positions to get on the end of them. A team is consisted of 11 players and they were all terrible today, I would happily single out Kolarov if he was a bad player in a good bunch but he's not and he wasn't today either.
This is the Kolarov thread, hence why he is being "singled out"

There's a post match thread to discuss the rest of the inept performances, don't be so shocked if people call out Kolarov in this one for his hideous display.

He put in a couple of decent crosses? He's a defender.

It says it all when that's the only good thing you can say about your left backs performance.

pudge said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:

There's a post match thread to discuss the rest of the inept performances, don't be so shocked if people call out Kolarov in this one for his hideous display.

It says it all when that's the only good thing you can say about your left backs performance.

I understand that it's a Kolarov thread just like the Dzeko thread and the Balotelli one before that and I'm guessing Nasri has his own now? But what gets me is when people try to get at that these players are shit, yes they're performing below par which I have mentioned about before but they are far from shit players.

It's like starting a David Silva thread and referring to it trying to claim Leon Osman is a better buy because he had a better game, it's daft.

As for the decent crosses quote it's a lot more I can say for the majority of the players on the pitch today.

pudge said:

I understand that it's a Kolarov thread just like the Dzeko thread and the Balotelli one before that and I'm guessing Nasri has his own now? But what gets me is when people try to get at that these players are shit, yes they're performing below par which I have mentioned about before but they are far from shit players.

It's like starting a David Silva thread and referring to it trying to claim Leon Osman is a better buy because he had a better game, it's daft.

As for the decent crosses quote it's a lot more I can say for the majority of the players on the pitch today.
Kolarov was awful, shite if you will.

As a defender he was shite, and seeing that he is a defender that's not very good.

At home, against park the bus/set up for a draw teams, he can be decent as he doesn't have to defend and just stays forward. For the majority of the time he isn't worth what we paid and he keeps my dream of playing for City alive, seeing as he can do it.

pudge said:
pudge said:

As a defender he was shite, and seeing that he is a defender that's not very good.

At home, against park the bus/set up for a draw teams, he can be decent as he doesn't have to defend and just stays forward. For the majority of the time he isn't worth what we paid and he keeps my dream of playing for City alive, seeing as he can do it.

I'll give you the £1,800 in my savings if you go for trials at City and manage to take Kolarov's place in the team.

He's played some poor games for us and played some good games for us but as a player he is far from shit.

pudge said:

I'll give you the £1,800 in my savings if you go for trials at City and manage to take Kolarov's place in the team.

He's played some poor games for us and played some good games for us but as a player he is far from shit.

Lets not split hairs on the definition of shit. Plain "not good enough" will do.

Never has been, never will be. Yes, he has a useful left foot and can cross a bit. That does not mean he is good enough to play for a title-challenging side. He wouldn't get near the rags' squad. Nor Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs' for that matter.

Chippy_boy said:
pudge said:

Lets not split hairs on the definition of shit. Plain "not good enough" will do.

Never has been, never will be. Yes, he has a useful left foot and can cross a bit. That does not mean he is good enough to play for a title-challenging side. He wouldn't get near the rags' squad. Nor Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs' for that matter.

Fair enough but he is mainly a back up defender now, compare him to the clubs back up left backs you've just mentioned. Transfer funds aaside as we simply paid so much because Wayne Bridge was our only LB at the time. Let me know if you actually think Butner, Monreal and Bertrand are that much better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.