Kolo Toure [Merged]

TFC said:
Anyone else think there is a chance Kolo would slot into a midfield role, while Vinnie drops back into the defence?

I do.

no.......he,ll be a centre back..............that,s what he does..............

Wenger has stated on more than one occasion during our midfield "crisis" that Toure does not have the stamina to play in that type of role.

Logical Gunner said:
Wenger has stated on more than one occasion during our midfield "crisis" that Toure does not have the stamina to play in that type of role.

Fair dos, cheers for the info :)

I am buoyed by the fact that the majority of Hughes signings are versatile enough to slot into other positions if the need arises.

To be honest, Toure's only got a bit of sentimental value to us. With that type of money you'd be better off going after someone else. Even though Vermaelen was probably originally bought as back up, he seems to have already taken Toure's spot.

His positioning issues, over aggressiveness, and lack of aerial prowess might have finally gotten to Wenger. Wouldn't be a problem for you all I suppose, but he's also going to be at the ACN's this season too.

With the right partner, he is a great player. But for two years, with Willy Gallas, he has been up and down. I wouldn't expect for Toure to be able to lead the line by himself.

Of course, pair him up with a taller defender with great aerial prowess, strength, and sense of positioning and you guys could have yourselves a great back line.

Logical Gunner said:
With the right partner, he is a great player. But for two years, with Willy Gallas, he has been up and down. I wouldn't expect for Toure to be able to lead the line by himself.

Of course, pair him up with a taller defender with great aerial prowess, strength, and sense of positioning and you guys could have yourselves a great back line.

You've just described a patnership with Lescott there... Fantastic!

Although, i think Onuoha will push Toure all the way this year, at the very least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.