Kolo Toure [Merged]

Logical Gunner said:
To be honest, Toure's only got a bit of sentimental value to us. With that type of money you'd be better off going after someone else. Even though Vermaelen was probably originally bought as back up, he seems to have already taken Toure's spot.

His positioning issues, over aggressiveness, and lack of aerial prowess might have finally gotten to Wenger. Wouldn't be a problem for you all I suppose, but he's also going to be at the ACN's this season too.
I've wondered for years why Wenger hasn't bought a dominant Keeper / Centre-back. Arsenal never been the same after Campbell left.

Adebayor and Toure are good footballing deals for City, and I don't think we've over-paid either. maybe Wenger has alrady identified replacements in the Arsenal squad, or at other clubs, because these two players have been close to leaving for some time

Thanks to Arsene Wenger, Arsenal are a popular and much-admired club. Not sure that really matters too much in the scheme f things, but you certainly couldn't say that when Graham was your manager. Grudging respect for your defence was about all you'd get from other fans

Its bollocks though the SSN headline really.

City are close to agreeing a £16m fee for Toure?? How does that work. You can either be close to agreeing an as yet unknown fee or have agreed a fee of £16m.

Have we said we will give you £16m for Toure, and Arsenal have said we will sell at £20m.

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£19m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£18m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£17m??"

We are getting close

johnmc said:

City are close to agreeing a £16m fee for Toure?? How does that work. You can either be close to agreeing an as yet unknown fee or have agreed a fee of £16m.

Have we siad we will give you £16m for Toure, and they have said £20m.

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£19m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£18m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£17m??"

We are getting close

you're not taking any prisoners tonight mate ;P

Marvin said:
I've wondered for years why Wenger hasn't bought a dominant Keeper / Centre-back. Arsenal never been the same after Campbell left.

Adebayor and Toure are good footballing deals for City, and I don't think we've over-paid either. maybe Wenger has alrady identified replacements in the Arsenal squad, or at other clubs, because these two players have been close to leaving for some time

Thanks to Arsene Wenger, Arsenal are a popular and much-admired club. Not sure that really matters too much in the scheme f things, but you certainly couldn't say that when Graham was your manager. Grudging respect for your defence was about all you'd get from other fans

I always feel any team would do themselves best with a sturdy English back bone. To most of us Arsenal fans, Toure still remains valuable because he remains the closest thing we have to an English back bone. Aggressive, brave, unforgiving, loyal.

Logical Gunner said:
Marvin said:

I always feel any team would do themselves best with a sturdy English back bone. To most of us Arsenal fans, Toure still remains valuable because he remains the closest thing we have to an English back bone. Aggressive, brave, unforgiving, loyal.

Your not suppose to sat that if this deal looks like going ahead, you are suppose to says he shite,past it crap, useless, cant head a ball etc etc.

Anyhow how much of this 40m will Wenger use for your squad?

johnmc said:

Have we said we will give you £16m for Toure, and Arsenal have said we will sell at £20m.

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£19m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£18m??"

City - "£16m"

Arsenal - "£17m??"

We are getting close
PMSL! Quality mate.....

Just looking some more at these stats they are going on about on SSN. They would have us believe that Toure is only the 50th best defender in the league.

However I had a look at the averages on the sky sports website, terry has an aaverage of 6.4 same as Toure, Lescott. Gallas is only 6.2. Complete bollocks then !

Logical Gunner said:
To most of us Arsenal fans, Toure still remains valuable because he remains the closest thing we have to an English back bone. Aggressive, brave, unforgiving, loyal.

You describe a better version of Richard Dunne (and in many ways a (lesser I guess) version of Terry), if that turns out to be true, and if we sign him, then it will be a very good move by Hughes. I've always liked him, and the saying "form is temporary class is permanent" is hopefully the one that goes with Toure.

hes delaying the transfer guys!!!- hes asked city for more time to think about the transfer , he is also worried about how this move will be viewed in his home country.

azatheblue said:
hes delaying the transfer guys!!!- hes asked city for more time to think about the transfer , he is also worried about how this move will be viewed in his home country.

No he isnt... Stop telling porkies azathebullshitter ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.