Kolo Toure [Merged]

Biamp said:
The deal should be concluded today.

He's having his medical today so I'd say either today or tommorow.

He's better than what we already have (Richard Dunne / Micah Richards) so I'm happy.

Those quoting his stats need to give it a rest to be honest. This is a new start for him so judge him on what he does in a blue shirt, not what he's done in the past few years. The fact he's the one remaining player from the 'invincibles' of 2003 - 2004 speaks its own story for me.

C_T_I_D said:
Biamp said:
The deal should be concluded today.

He's having his medical today so I'd say either today or tommorow.

He's better than what we already have (Richard Dunne / Micah Richards) so I'm happy.

Those quoting his stats need to give it a rest to be honest. This is a new start for him so judge him on what he does in a blue shirt, not what he's done in the past few years. The fact he's the one remaining player from the 'invincibles' of 2003 - 2004 speaks its own story for me.

Indeed. Well Richards will be used as a right back, so I don't count him as a centre back. But then we have Nedum. But still without any doubt he is better than what we have at the moment, there's another key thing he'll add to our squad which is his experience.

AntMcfc said:
MORE PROOF THAT YET AGAIN I AM RIGHT. KOLO TOURE IS FINISHED.

An article presumably from one of our friends in the national media, does not constitute "proof" it constitutes an opinion. Here's another opinion. You are a boring cretin. Change the record.

bluemoonmatt said:
AntMcfc said:
MORE PROOF THAT YET AGAIN I AM RIGHT. KOLO TOURE IS FINISHED.

An article presumably from one of our friends in the national media, does not constitute "proof" it constitutes an opinion. Here's another opinion. You are a boring cretin. Change the record.
i hate slating fellow city fans but i gave up on that ant twat last night, imo we gain toure we lose ant, great deal 4 city

Lomas has a lob on said:
bluemoonmatt said:
i hate slating fellow city fans but i gave up on that ant twat last night, imo we gain toure we lose ant, great deal 4 city

Best 16 mil ever spent.

I'm actually not going to slag Ant off. That is his opinion and I respect it but I disagree entirely with it.

All I will say is that time will tell and that there is no point getting on his back already before he has signed and before he has played in a blue shirt. He's more than welcome @ the club in my opinion. Lets face it though, whether you like it or not, Kolo Toure will be a Manchester City player by the end of the week or at the latest the start of next week.

Have to laugh really.

The media spin these things to make us look bad, they've been doing it since ADUG took over.

Ant does seem like a special kind of guy, he possibly wears a rubber helmet for his own safety I don't know. I'm aware he thinks he is a footballing genius, he may well know his stuff, maybe, but I'm a footballing freak and I know my shit too brother.

It really does beg the question.............Do all the negative posters have no faith in Mark Hughes or trust his judgement?
IMO he is building a sound solid team with a target of two good players for each position so when injuries or suspensions or World/African Cups impact on his squad he has solid cover.
He get enough flak from the negative/jealous media who see their beloved Big Four being attacked he doesen't need nor deserve backstabbing from within. He is building a team we will be proud of let's all give him a break!

moomba said:
For what they are worth, these are the stats from Sky spoken about earlier.

Aerial Duels
Position - 67th
Aerial Duels - 72
Duels won - 44.4%

Tackles
Position - 28th
Tackles attempted - 54
Success rate - 77.78%

Clearances
Position - 35th
Total Clearances - 222
Mins per clearance - 10.3

Passing
Position - 16th
Passing accuracy - 83.2%

Would be interested to see stats for the previous seasons as we know he wasn't at his best early last season, A bit unfair of ssn that, how about his stats when they went unbeaten all season?

More negative spin!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.