Kolo Toure [Merged]

Course you can if he was past his best he wouldnt make the team with those winning players would he?

Ticket For Schalke said:
in my eyes the people who say we wont get fourth are as bad as the ones saying we will, we dont no fuck all.

See your point my friend but in fairness I never said we wont I said I doubt we will... Big difference. I hope to god we will get fourth but I think we should keep level headed and be happy with 6th, because if we dont finish fourth but do hit 6th, then as the poster above has stated all hell will break lose and the Manager will be hung drawn and quartered by the fans (for hitting his target). My point was enjoy the ride and if we finish 7th or higher then yes we have a right to be unhappy with the team.

Good posts

I'm not putting myself under any illusions of grandior this season, I know that press and critics are talking us up for fourth and beyond this season due to the incredible amounts of money that we have splashed out in the window. However, In my opinion we are coming from further back than a lot of the sides. Yes, last year we were excellent at home, and indeed on our day we could tear most sides apart, but coupled with the woeful away form it became obvious that major improvements were needed.

Hughes has addressed these problems in the way, and targets that he has deemed fit and I (for one) am right behind. The lack of a spearhead forward was glaring at times and now we have brought in Adebayor and RSC for this purpose. aligned with the other attacking qualities that Tevez, Robinho and Bellamy will provide. I think Toure is an excellent signing, in no way "past it" (defenders peaks are later than forwards) and in many Arsenal fans opinions we are taking the best they have at the moment. Add to that the much rumoured Lescott deal and I think we have the makings of a very solid defensive unit from which will provide the platform for our much vaulted midfield and forward lines.

My major worry is that teams normally take time to gel when experiencing such a large influx of players and as such we shouldn't expect to be winning every game by 2-3 goals each week.

I wonder what YAYA thinks now????? He slagged us off saying his brother would be taking a step down.....wanker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.